2SJ18 and 2SK60 V-FET replacement or reliable source?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I asking for a help.
I've got a Sony TA-4650 with blown power trannys, 2SJ18 and 2SK60.
All threads on this topic I've read here are quite old now.

Could anybody advise for a reliable "contemporary" source for these transistors? I've seen this one here:

1pair Audio Transistor Sony to 3 2SJ18 2SK60 J18 K60 100 Genuine and New | eBay

Any experience with this seller?

Another thing, does anybody know is there a substitute or schematic modification that allows to use modern components instead of the V-FETs?

OK, great thanks in advance!
Regards,
alejon

... don´t buy from that guy, not, no, never, ever !!
he´s a thief !!
take a look here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/268431-polida2008-real-thi-ef-ebay-fake-mosfets.html

on eBay or in china you will find almost only fakes and rejects.
and there are no substitutes for the VFET´s, if you want to put
modern devices in these old Sony-amps you´ll have to rebuild
half the circuit.

:D ...BUT.... there´s our fellow member Joshvi, who is importing a batch
of genuine 2SK60/2SJ18 directly from japan right now and is willing to sell them

just go over to the swap meet and contact him.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/294359-fs-vfets-2sk60-2sj18-pair-2sk79.html

AFAIK he even could have some advise in repairing your TA-4650

cheerio,
Balou

Just because he bought them in Japan doesn't mean they're real. I can see no proof of that, which makes them fake. All these transistors are by default fake until proven otherwise, since they haven't been in production for a very, very long time.

Don't blame others with out evidence. Are you asked any evidence?
Yes, these are very old production.30-40 years old. That does not mean these are not available.

I know the stuff I am selling. If these are fakes I will refund full amount including shipping.

No one is manufacturing VFETS now.VFETS are easy to check. So Most of the ebay sellers are selling remarked VFETs with different gain grade 51 or 52,Not suitable for sony amp repair.

Some are selling remarked latFET or BJTs.

I also got small batch of 2sk82/2sj28 from the same seller. Very Very rare first batch. Rank A55. I think these are Single die version, but not sure. I don't like to open it?Very precious for me. Not for sale.

I am doing lot of purchases from japan.5-8 packets every month. Still not found any fakes from japan. I brought rare ,obsolete audio fets including 2sk147, 2sj72, 2sk79, 2sj75, 2sj74, 2sk389, 2sj109,2sk240 ,2sj77 and many more.

But my experience with HONG KONG and Chinese sellers are not that good. Last year I lost almost 2000 USD from a single purchase .Most of them are fakes.

So my only reliable source for rare Japanese audio semiconductor devices is japan. Price may be 1.5-4 times higher but I prefer Japanese sellers.

Hi,

I believe there are more NOS SITs in Japan. They just do not see the demand I think.

For example I luckily found a site that sells 2SK180C and I bought some. I attached the invoice FYI. I think they are still available here. I do not think I have been listening to fake SITs.
SIT FET 2SK180 (C???)

Normal grade 2SK180 is still found in Yahoo auction in Japan.
2SK180??TOKIN?????BOX??20? - ????!

I purchased some 2SK79s from Joshvi... :)

Chul

Attachments

• HC YOON INVOICE.pdf
    30.9 KB · Views: 196
Sony 2sk60

Hello
I have bought a Sony Ta-5650 and the seller had removed the transistors on the right hand channel, never mentioned that to me. However I decided to keep it and get it serviced so need a pair of Sony 2sk60's and any of the others as well.

An audio engineer told me that the 5650 does work as he swapped the transitors from left channel to the right channel so now the right channel works only. If any spares are available I will be grateful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.