How to get TW8823 LCD Controller documentation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TechWell (owned by Intersil) are terrible to deal with and have abysmal driver support. I have suffered for years with one of their video capture chips.
Intersil are geared to doing specials for the Apples and Samsungs of the World and not selling standards to smaller businesses

Hi,
This question maybe to simple. But I am desperately looking for documentation on TW8823 LCD Controller from Intersil: Pinout, full datasheet, user’s guide…
Anyone can give me a good answer? :confused::confused::confused:

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards

@davidrsb
I totally agree. Terrible and abysmal are understatement to describe how Intersil companies deal with hobbyist and small entities when it comes to LCD controllers anyway.

A couple of years ago I wanted to use a couple of Intersil's(Techwell) LCD controller for my design and hopefully come up with a product. I have to go through lots of hoops to the point of having my own domain name since Intersil does't honor free emails like Yahoo or Gmail when dealing with their company asking for more information. I was just asking for a more detailed datasheet as the ones on their website if it existed for the general public was void of any detail that can be used by a designer as a starting point. But I never got that far even after talking to a local Canada rep and then their head office US product rep at about my requirements. I even offered to sign an NDA but never got that far as it literally fell on deaf ears. Funny thing is that Intersil LCD controllers can be bought in single quantities from Mouser and Digikey. What is the point if you can't get any tech support after buying these ICs? I actually asked them this question and I never got a straight answer.

@cherry10
Bottom line is if you're a small entity and not going to use thousands of LCD controller per year, you won't get anywhere. Same treatment goes with Realtek and Genesis (bought by ST). It's a complete waste of time and money trying to get any information from these companies when it comes to these type situation. If you work with a known tech company, use your company email and do it from there.

The ONLY company that will deals with small entities when it comes to LCD controllers is Averlogic. The downside is that Averlogic doesn't have the depth of product like the other guys. Averlogic has only one LCD controller that natively supports LCDs with RGB digital interfaces and it doesn't even have native LVDS support. You need to add an LVDS IC which add BOM cost. I have Averlogic's AL330B eval board if you are looking for one.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.