Machined Face Plates

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
service

I recommend these guys often, they are great, if a tad expensive (but not for what you get.) However, when a problem comes up, their customer service is also great. There are only like 3 employees so they have their attention on your project. I had a scratched up panel and was able to work it out over a 2 emails. I would use them again, and again...

As for prices, the software does a price estimate based on size, thickness, number of holes, tool changes, and engraving. So download the software and check out the prices. You just click on file...price estimate or something to that effect.

Hi.

I'd just like to add that if you're in europe, this would be the place to go:

http://www.schaeffer-apparatebau.de

(They're probably the same, as the software looks equal)

I've used their services and everything went smooth.

One thing that they could improve was anodizing *after* the cutting so the edges would also be anodized, thus making the panels look more professional. I asked about this and they said that they didn't do it because there hadn't been demand for it. :(

Maybe if we all asked at the same time...

Guilherme.

Indeed GUILHERME

they are the same. It's more expensive to anodize afterwards becausse now they have large plates and only have to cut some parts, otherwise they have to anodize all these small parts...

All the same I'm very happy with them I ordered plates op till 10mm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Front top back and under are all made by schaeffer

Ralph

Take a look at www.emashineshop.com.

Not cheap if you only want one but they have a a number of different finshings avaiable including color anaodize, power coat, as well as different levels and types of surface textures.

Assuming you mean face plate and not back plate and don't need silkscreening then:
For a front plate with just holes for a switch, LED and four countersunk bolts, I found www.onlinemetals.com the best deal. You have to drill the holes yourself which isn't that hard if you work slow and careful. Then you need an afternoon of mindless labor with increasingly fine grades of wet&dry sand paper plus soap and water. I have no training in metal work, and damn little skill, but by going slow I ended up with a face plate has caused my amp to be mistaken for a high-end commercial unit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.