New to audio with a few questions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2016, 08:02 PM   #1
Dxznn is offline Dxznn  United States
diyAudio Member

Default New to audio with a few questions

Hello, as you can see from the title I am new to the audio scene and have 0% experience with speakers, subs, amp, etc.
I'd like to create a simple system with just 2 bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer.
http://www.amazon.com/JBL-ES20-Books...shelf+speakers

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-...izio+subwoofer

Amazon.com: Pioneer VSX-530-K 5.1 Channel AV Receiver with Dolby True HD & Built-In Bluetooth Wireless Technology: Electronics

I'd like to know if these are compatible and how I would go about connecting all of these to either my PC so I can, for example, go on Youtube, or Spotify and play music through there, or play through my phone (with an AUX cord maybe ?)
As someone who likes bass I'd like to keep the subwoofer in the list rather then just depending on the bookself speakers to give me the bass.
Old 17th April 2016, 09:09 PM   #2
sturmj is offline sturmj  United States
diyAudio Member

The Pioneer has bluetooth. Your computer (and phone) should be able to connect (wirelessly), to it. When you activate bluetooth on you computer and phone you pair the two devices (the computer and/or phone, to the reciever), the the audio is sent from your computer or phone to the reciever. Those speakers wil work well with that reciever.

Hide this!Advertise here!