Help choosing opamp for active filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which opamp would you prefer using at a ±6 to ±7.2V (Split supply from car-battery buffered with BUF634T)? It will be used in an active crossover for my car.

I have some OPA2134 and OPA2604, but are there any opams that are better performers at this low supply voltage?
Any help or input appreciated. :)

PSU schematic:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

AD825 on batteries

I've built a preamp run off two 9v batteries using the AD825s

It sounds great. The batterey (quite DC source) made a big difference.

These can be run as low as 5 volts.

I'm curious why Alcaid would want to avoid SOIC.

I used BrownDog adapters to dip and about five minutes of eyestrain to mount three 825s.

Many new designs are only available on SOIC.

Re: AD825 on batteries

BStrum said:
I've built a preamp run off two 9v batteries using the AD825s

It sounds great. The batterey (quite DC source) made a big difference.

These can be run as low as 5 volts.

I'm curious why Alcaid would want to avoid SOIC.

I used BrownDog adapters to dip and about five minutes of eyestrain to mount three 825s.

Many new designs are only available on SOIC.

It's because my soldering skills isn't very good ;)
SOIC will be tested later when the skills have bettered.

Fear not SOIC

My soldering skills are only average. And i was not sure that I could pull it off at first.

The Browndog adapters where very well tinned.

I used an aligator clip to hold the chip in place on the adapter. used flux (as recomended by Browndog) and silver solder.

It was actully very easy. A magnifying glass and a small tip on the soldering iron make it even easier.

"Dare to struggle - Dare to win"

That was either Walt Disney or Mao Tse Tung, I forget who.

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.