What does this symbol mean, in a Philips CD player service manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it a special resistor?

Most of the resistors between an IC's power supply pin and the supply rails are drawn this way. With the "!" and the 2 parallel bars.

Any idea?

Attachments

• philips.gif
    philips.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 236
Joined 2003
Paid Member
From Philips:
"Safety regulations demand that the set be restored to
its original condition and that components identical to
the original types be used.
Safety components are marked by the symbol :att'n: ."

Many other components are often marked with that symbol, like diodes, optocouplers, trafo's, coils... and not only safety resistors.

/Hugo :)

What a mouthfull

It means that to retain the standards to which the safety certification was issued, the same part must be used for replacement. It must also be fitted in the same pysical position, with the same accessories: eg sleeve, stand-offs etc, where used.
This can sometimes mean that the resistor is flameproof.

Netlist said:
From Philips:
"Safety regulations demand that the set be restored to
its original condition and that components identical to
the original types be used.
Safety components are marked by the symbol :att'n: ."

Many other components are often marked with that symbol, like diodes, optocouplers, trafo's, coils... and not only safety resistors.

/Hugo :)

Yes, this symbol isn't only on resistors.
But I haven't found this text in my service manual

Thank you!

phase_accurate said:
Philips always draws resistors in different ways on the same schematic because of diferent wattage etc. Somewhere in the manual you will find a note explaining which one means what. Have you got the whole service manual or just a part of it ?

Regards

Charles

I've got the whole service manual.
The resistors with a ! are 0.66W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.