Looking for B&W matrix 805 parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new to this site so not sure if this is the best spot to be looking for parts.
I have a set of B&W matrix 805 bookshelf speakers that need repair. I can't find the parts I need anywhere.
I'm looking for one complete tweeter assembly, 2 tweeter grilles, and cabinet grilles.
Been all over the Internet looking.
Does anyone on this site have any advice as to where I can get what I need?

Thanks

I'm new to this site so not sure if this is the best spot to be looking for parts.
I have a set of B&W matrix 805 bookshelf speakers that need repair. I can't find the parts I need anywhere.
I'm looking for one complete tweeter assembly, 2 tweeter grilles, and cabinet grilles.

AFAIK B&W drivers are proprietary, and are not sold individually, except perhaps as repair parts, and then only by B&W.

In this context, you either suffer with inexact replacements, buy parts from B&W or use parts scrapped out of donor B&W speaker systems.

If you re-engineer the speakers to use similar tweeters from other sources, some of the uniqueness of the speakers will be lost, and you should make the same changes to all speakers of that kind in your system.

B&W spares

Thanks

This site has the relevant B&W service manuals.
http://bwgroupsupport.com/manuals/bw-service
The Matrix 805 appears to use tweeter assembly ZZ8532.
Speakerbits in Melbourne Vic looks to have something suitable in stock.
http://www.speakerbits.com/index.ph...207&manufacturer_id=250&option=com_virtuemart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.