Please help me identify this part marked "F10W"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Working on a Technics RSB78R cassette deck, I d like to replace this part I found not working coz its output trace shows no output of its supposedly 12vdc.

This is on the PCB marked F601, inserted between input from psu source CNM terminal number 6, and output terminal +. This output connects the 12vdc servo motor for the capstan. looks like to me a transistor for 12vdc. The PCB I attach here shows it marked on board, as I said, F601.

So what does this part work? What is this part? What kind of replacement should I look for at the parts store?

Thank you guys for helping!

Terence

Hi Terence
A service manual will help pinpoint what this part does.
a manual ( at cost ) is available here: TECHNICS RSB78R - Service Manual Immediate Download

A few images would help us to help you. I have a Towers
transistor substitute book that I could look up, once the
part is properly identified. The part may also be a voltage regulator
which if it is, is easy to spot. image would greatly assist.

Cheers / Chris

Hey All!

Sorry I messed up uploading.

SO here it comes again......

Terence

Attachments

• IMG-20160107-WA0000 (1).jpg
    IMG-20160107-WA0000 (1).jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 173
I'd wager

A semiconductor fuse is 3-legged, some even look like a dipped capacitor, but it goes open circuit for protection.
Also has leads of identical length, this one does not, the one in the middle appears in limbo.

The package has the top blown off, solderable pcb fuse resistor.
See for examples Busse pcb fuse, Schurter, Wickmann, or even stuff like Littlefuse.
It's Japanese, Man ! :clown:

(if it's Japanese and the part is other than a Fuse, the printing on the pcb would be other than F)

No blown off top, that's just the type of case used by Japanese in the 80's for all kinds of components: diodes, digital transistors, fuses, etc.
Automatic insertion machines could only deal with a limited number of component types, and that was part of the answer.

The part in question is ICP-F10W (W is for 3-leaded) tripping circuit protector from Rohm.
These are typical parts in various consumer electronic products, and can be found in
a lot of "repair parts" houses.
It looks like ICP-F10 (2-leaded case) will also work. I see only two PWB traces. In any case, study the attached d/s.

Attachments

• ICP-N-F.pdf
    86.6 KB · Views: 32
  • ICP-N10_F15.pdf
    143 KB · Views: 33
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.