Crossover question -- Series caps / Parallel caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am restoring a 1991 loudspeaker kit, and the original schematic is long gone.

One part of the tweeter crossover has a small value capacitor IN SERIES before a larger value capacitor.

I know that often -- to improve speed & transparency -- a smaller value cap is put IN PARALLEL with the larger value cap.

So, can you think of a reason why 2 SERIES caps would be in a tweeter X-over ? Or should the correct path be in PARALLEL.

Yes, I know --- not much info to go on.

I don't know what you have, but in pro audio, I have encountered "entry level" tweeters that came with a cap attached. I guess it was their guarantee no one would put full range through it. And if this speaker was more entry level, perhaps they took such a tweeter and simply connected it to their crossover as is, without removing the cap that came with it.

OOOPS !!! I hit the post button too soon.

Let me finish this : the X-over I need as a schematic is for Joe D'Appolito's MTM ARIA-5s, in kit build, from around 1990. Elliot Zalyt at Zalytron sold them with the standard Focal inverted dome.

Focal woofers 5K013L [Kevlar] but I got the upgrade ACCUTON C-26 ceramic hard dome. I NEED A X-OVER SCHEMATIC FOR THE ACCUTON TWEET as part of the total speaker wiring.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.