Do phono sockets sound different?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Daniel said:

I hate to make this remark, but what you are doing here is thread jacking. The thread specifically asks: "Why do phono sockets sound different?", so everybody posting should concentrate on that question and possible answers.

Answer...... No they don't... And if they did than you had some siriously bad oxidated/ bad solder joins/contacts what never happen on first place... (and if it did , than you'd have to resolder all components in your system every year or so.. Just to be sure..) I think it's a lot of bull to talk about modern connectors and possible influance in sound..
I bet lot of you guy's never ever been to recording studio and saw stuff they are using. You are talking about few mm's while they use ten's of meters cables to mixing console.. And that ain't cable that costs 1500$ p.m. but more likeley 10$p.m. and now I think I gave them generous overprice.. (At our studio they are using 70c p.m. and recordings are great..) So that rules out all of your theories.. And now I'm talking about something little bigger than 2 cm's of connection between your pre and end amp or between your whatever and amp..
Wake up guy's and stop bulling your self's.. :rolleyes: :no:

Peter Daniel said:

In listening to phono sockets? You must be really bored after all those years.

Maybe you just don't want to understand.. ;) :) I can agree with look some devices have , and people chose to have nice looking device.. Nothing wrong with that.. I'm no better.. But sometimes people can look in completley wrong direction to get better sound..
I was in music bussines before most of you guy's were born.. I went trough all of the developement in audio industry, and bought lot of crap in my time.. Like that guy other day, set a test set and put holders under the speaker cable...
To make electrons make easier way to speakers... :confused: He was serious about it too..
When I hear thing like that, than I think to my self.. Is this guy now really crazy, or complete idiot??:bawling:

Peter Daniel said:

I would be curious to see some pics, if you don't mind. It's always worthwile to learn something new from a pro.;)
In your thread where you presented your version of "Grand Slam"
I already said that I'd like to show you my stuff, but I can't find a host for my pic's... :bawling: As soon as I get my own server, I'll do it...:)

P.S..... I said most of you... :D I didn't think you were that old.. and I admire your creativity in design... I'm photographer you see.. So at least we have something in common..:)

I believe that average age of more active members is at least 30 years (if not more).

One reason that helps my creativity to flourish (if I may say so;)) is to accept every possibility and try to negate as few things as possible. ;)

I also would like to believe that all RCA sockets sound the same and to tell the truth, if I have to buy them, I usually buy those cheap Tiffany imitations from my Chinese store, but if others say that they sound different, I accept it and don't say otherwise untill I definitely test them myself.

I never did a proper comparison yet. Whenever I built the best I just use Kimber. When I run out of them, I'll be using Cardas, as group purchases make them pretty much cheap. When I use those cheaper Chinese imitations, I don't detect any degradation in sound either.

But again, I never did any side by side comparing. And Cardas indeed seems to be more mellow sounding. But this is only my presumption based on first impression only.

And the guy who said: "Maybe...both!!!" indeed sounds like he wasn't born untill you started in a music business;)

Peter Daniel said:
I believe that average age of more active members is at least 30 years (if not more).

Ok.. :D So I was exegurateing a little...:D

Peter Daniel said:
I also would like to believe that all RCA sockets sound the same and to tell the truth, if I have to buy them, I usually buy those cheap Tiffany imitations from my Chinese store

Well.. If you belive something is good, why not? If it really was that bad. I guess you wouldn't buy it...

Peter Daniel said:
but if others say that they sound different, I accept it

That was that cosmetic thing I was talking about.. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.