Fake ICs From Ebay Seller Thaishine...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a heads-up so hopefully nobody else will waste their time or money ordering the same ICs that I did from Ebay seller thaishine.:mad:

I've purchased both OPA2134 and OP275 ICs from this seller.
All were obviously relabeled chips(perhaps TL082?) with the large flat pin 1 dot.

Beware!

Ebay seems to have little interest in perusing sellers of fraudulent parts. Some months ago, I purchased a “Genuine Apple” charger for an Iphone. When it arrived, it was obviously a cheap “knock-off”. I returned it and received a full refund. Meanwhile the item was still offered for sale to unsuspecting buyers.

Ebay does not make it easy to involve them in an effort to have the fraudulent seller removed. Their suggestions were: 1/ Advise Apple, 2/ Notify the US Post Office (and start a mail-fraud complaint) 3/ Leave negative feedback. (which I did).
A month or so after being refunded, the seller was still selling the same parts under the name “Genuine Apple”.

I stay away from any Chinese chip. If I do purchase a board with a Chinese chip I immediately change it out for one from Mouser or DigiKey. I have even bought some fake or defective chips from sellers in the US on Ebay. Buy chips from reputable sellers not Ebay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.