[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers - Page 67 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2012, 02:09 PM   #661
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

No chance in hell.
Old 28th March 2012, 10:04 PM   #662
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member

Arrghh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2w9XXXqFFpulkrh8FunSChaZo1_500.jpg (26.1 KB, 184 views)
Old 29th March 2012, 01:45 AM   #663
diyAudio Member

Try Miracle transformers in Bangalore. Give the specs , get a quote and they will ship you one fast. Single piece purchase if fine. If you buy what's on their product list then it gets shipped faster. The transformers are fine.

Power Transformers | Audio Transformer | Isolation transformers

I've used them and I have no connection with them.
Old 30th March 2012, 08:51 AM   #664
sasmit is offline sasmit  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sasmit
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
Is there a shop in Kolkata where I can buy Toroidal transformers? I have searched in chandni market but couldn't find any. Thanks.
What voltage and VA rating you're looking for ?
Old 31st March 2012, 05:50 AM   #665
rajesh is offline rajesh  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok View Post
Try Miracle transformers in Bangalore. Give the specs , get a quote and they will ship you one fast.
They are 3 times more expensive than others. When I inquired for a trafo for my Class D amp, they quoted 4.2k whereas Chennai guy quoted 2.6k.

There are more alternatives. Electromagnetic Devices in Hyderabad, SV Tronicks at Chennai for example.
Old 31st March 2012, 06:56 AM   #666
diyAudio Member

Hi,
There is a small shop called 'Tomson Transformers' near Lamington Rd. in Mumbai. They make E + I as well as toroidal transformers. I have had multiple transformers made by them. They wind to spec. if you need. The owner is very knowledgeable and can also advise you on the options if needed.

I seem to have lost the phone number, will post it if i find it. If anyone has the contact info please post!

cheers,
mymindinside
Old 31st March 2012, 11:29 AM   #667
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=rajesh;2967049]They are 3 times more expensive than others. When I inquired for a trafo for my Class D amp, they quoted 4.2k whereas Chennai guy quoted 2.6k.

Yes they do look more expensive than the others. However you should remember that they might not be quite alike in performance. Depends on how the specs are interpreted. Say for example you say 24-0-24 V 200VA. You can have 24 V open circuit voltage and 200VA peak capability and not continuous. Or 24 V loaded at 200 VA continuous load. The peak capability transformer will cost less ! So unless one has all the real specs or the actual transformer at hand you can't say if you are getting your money's worth.

You can't really sell a transformer at almost half the price for exactly the same performance and with the same materials. If you have wound transformers on your own it will be easier to understand the costing aspect.

It would be a good idea to check out the cheaper transformers. Never know, they might be very good !
Old 1st April 2012, 10:30 AM   #668
diyAudio Member

One thing to keep in mind is that shipping costs can become a consideration depending on the size of the transformer. Definitely one advantage of buying local.

I agree with ashok, re: transformers i am willing to pay a premium for a unit which is well designed and competently wound by someone who understands what they are doing. I stay away from buying pre-wound units - one transformer maker i was talking with said that most dealers in Lamington Rd. rebadge his units to reflect a higher VA rating so that the price seems competitive. The prices he quoted at his factory were about 30% higher than the Lamington Rd. prices for what was advertised as the same rating.

Just something to think about when comparing prices. If it seems to good to be true, it usually is!

cheers,
mymindinside
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:40 PM   #669
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmit View Post
What voltage and VA rating you're looking for ?
20V+20V @ 320VA or more.
30V+30V @ 300VA.

Oh lord, will I see a toroid supplier in Kolkata before I leave earth?
Old 4th April 2012, 04:58 AM   #670
sasmit is offline sasmit  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sasmit
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
20V+20V @ 320VA or more.
30V+30V @ 300VA.

Oh lord, will I see a toroid supplier in Kolkata before I leave earth?
I have 20 + 20 , 200VA and 25 + 25 , 300VA. Let me know if you're interested.

Hide this!Advertise here!