[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Arrghh!

Attachments

• 2w9XXXqFFpulkrh8FunSChaZo1_500.jpg
    2w9XXXqFFpulkrh8FunSChaZo1_500.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
There is a small shop called 'Tomson Transformers' near Lamington Rd. in Mumbai. They make E + I as well as toroidal transformers. I have had multiple transformers made by them. They wind to spec. if you need. The owner is very knowledgeable and can also advise you on the options if needed.

I seem to have lost the phone number, will post it if i find it. If anyone has the contact info please post!

cheers,
mymindinside

They are 3 times more expensive than others. When I inquired for a trafo for my Class D amp, they quoted 4.2k whereas Chennai guy quoted 2.6k.

Yes they do look more expensive than the others. However you should remember that they might not be quite alike in performance. Depends on how the specs are interpreted. Say for example you say 24-0-24 V 200VA. You can have 24 V open circuit voltage and 200VA peak capability and not continuous. Or 24 V loaded at 200 VA continuous load. The peak capability transformer will cost less ! So unless one has all the real specs or the actual transformer at hand you can't say if you are getting your money's worth.

You can't really sell a transformer at almost half the price for exactly the same performance and with the same materials. If you have wound transformers on your own it will be easier to understand the costing aspect.

It would be a good idea to check out the cheaper transformers. Never know, they might be very good !:)

One thing to keep in mind is that shipping costs can become a consideration depending on the size of the transformer. Definitely one advantage of buying local.

I agree with ashok, re: transformers i am willing to pay a premium for a unit which is well designed and competently wound by someone who understands what they are doing. I stay away from buying pre-wound units - one transformer maker i was talking with said that most dealers in Lamington Rd. rebadge his units to reflect a higher VA rating so that the price seems competitive. The prices he quoted at his factory were about 30% higher than the Lamington Rd. prices for what was advertised as the same rating.

Just something to think about when comparing prices. If it seems to good to be true, it usually is!

cheers,
mymindinside

photo resist film for pcb

thanks sangram, can you give more details .
I am waiting Aucosticraft.

Other thing I have Photoresist film, Which i am give 5 Sqft free for diy to any one, Just give shipping charges. Kindly pass this to any member you know.

dear wiki v2
i want some approx 20 sq inch photo resist film for experiment to etch pcb.can you give me that how much money will be paid by me and what wll the mode of payment.thank u yours ever masood

Yes they do look more expensive than the others. However you should remember that they might not be quite alike in performance. Depends on how the specs are interpreted. Say for example you say 24-0-24 V 200VA. You can have 24 V open circuit voltage and 200VA peak capability and not continuous. Or 24 V loaded at 200 VA continuous load. The peak capability transformer will cost less ! So unless one has all the real specs or the actual transformer at hand you can't say if you are getting your money's worth.

You can't really sell a transformer at almost half the price for exactly the same performance and with the same materials. If you have wound transformers on your own it will be easier to understand the costing aspect.

It would be a good idea to check out the cheaper transformers. Never know, they might be very good !:)

Having purchased 5 trafos, I understand what you are saying. I'm not talking of cheap trafos here but trafos of equal specs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.