[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers - Page 65 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2012, 05:24 PM   #641
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Cheap switch and two nice SPDT relays for every input channel. The cheapest 6A relay will have nicer contacts than the best switch you can find here.
Old 1st February 2012, 05:26 PM   #642
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viki_v2 View Post
For changing inputs , If you know better option kindly guide.
give me a day I will post here for you.
Old 1st February 2012, 05:29 PM   #643
viki_v2 is offline viki_v2  India
diyAudio Member

thanks sangram, can you give more details .
I am waiting Aucosticraft.

Other thing I have Photoresist film, Which i am give 5 Sqft free for diy to any one, Just give shipping charges. Kindly pass this to any member you know.
Old 2nd February 2012, 05:41 AM   #644
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hello guys,
I am looking for rotary potentiometer type switches for audio Source Selection, Dont know proper technical Name, Please share any Knowledge regarding it.

Also If anybody has Relay based pcb diagaram for source selection.
this one i bought at bangalore for 50 Rs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2p4wrotary.jpg (14.9 KB, 122 views)
Old 2nd February 2012, 05:48 AM   #645
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir kumar View Post
this one i bought at bangalore for 50 Rs.
Any more details about connections , Technical name and where it could be available in Mumbai

Thank you
Old 2nd February 2012, 05:56 AM   #646
diyAudio Member

to viki 2
its name is two pole 'x' way rotary switch.where x is the no of ways.That means you can select many (upto x) stereo inputs with this single switch.Dont know about the availibility in Mumbai.Connections are easy both points present at inside will go to amp input and points at outer border are for inputs.chek continuty with multimeter,you will know youself.
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:13 AM   #647
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir kumar View Post
to viki 2
its name is two pole 'x' way rotary switch.where x is the no of ways.That means you can select many (upto x) stereo inputs with this single switch.Dont know about the availibility in Mumbai.Connections are easy both points present at inside will go to amp input and points at outer border are for inputs.chek continuty with multimeter,you will know youself.
Do you have pcb for relay based Input which will work with this Rotary Switch
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:27 AM   #648
diyAudio Member

Quote:
thanks sangram, can you give more details
Basically you use the switch to power a pair of relays for each channel.

SPDT relays are easily available, cheap (around 20/ each) and work very well. DPDT relays are more economical, but there is danger of L/R crosstalk degradation.

The pole of the relay switches the input between the signal input of the amp (T1) and ground (T2). The grounding of the input ensures that crosstalk between inputs is eliminated totally. You can use a low value resistor (100 ohm) on the ground leg to help the output device of the preceding stage short-circuiting (though in practical terms this is not a problem). All input throws and all ground throws can be connected to each other.

The actual switch is only used to turn power on to the relays as required. Two relays per switch position.

Clear as mud?
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:08 AM   #649
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangram View Post
Basically you use the switch to power a pair of relays for each channel.

SPDT relays are easily available, cheap (around 20/ each) and work very well. DPDT relays are more economical, but there is danger of L/R crosstalk degradation.

The pole of the relay switches the input between the signal input of the amp (T1) and ground (T2). The grounding of the input ensures that crosstalk between inputs is eliminated totally. You can use a low value resistor (100 ohm) on the ground leg to help the output device of the preceding stage short-circuiting (though in practical terms this is not a problem). All input throws and all ground throws can be connected to each other.

The actual switch is only used to turn power on to the relays as required. Two relays per switch position.

Clear as mud?
Very very Clear
Still I Request if you can make simple drawing Showing Connections from Relay to Switch, Also as there are many types of spdt relays which ones to look for,do you have image of any such relay showing pin position and top markings.

And for rotary Switch I suppose any Rotary switch which is 1 pole and x no of ways will work.
Thank You.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:51 AM   #650
diyAudio Member

Yes, any switch will work.

Mac doesn't allow me to draw anything, so can't post one here, but you can look at this: Relay based Attenuators and Input Selectors

for an idea of the wiring. This particular one uses the relay to switch the signal into the relay pole, my circuits usually connect the input to the pole so I can switch the unused inputs to ground.

The relay coils are to be connected to a switch instead of the logic output, otherwise it's exactly the same. I use much smaller resistors to ground to be able to minimise any crosstalk.

Unfortunately about the relay you are correct and the wiring of the relay will depend on the relay you buy. There will be 5 contacts, and following is the combination you should get between two sets:

Fully open: NO
Fully shorted: NC

(these two will share one prong, which is where the incoming signal will connect)

Small resistance ~100 ohms: Coil.

Last edited by sangram; 2nd February 2012 at 08:53 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!