Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2011, 12:32 PM   #611
diyAudio Member

Hello friends,

I had a talk with a person into metal works. He has agreed to get complete required metal cabinet made including powdercoating and screen printing. if you wish you can talk to him directly. His name is Mr. Hemant Deshpande. you can contact him on. 91-9823168168.
Old 20th June 2011, 04:47 AM   #612
navin is offline navin  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to navin Send a message via Yahoo to navin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucosticraft View Post
Hello friends,

I had a talk with a person into metal works. He has agreed to get complete required metal cabinet made including powdercoating and screen printing. if you wish you can talk to him directly. His name is Mr. Hemant Deshpande. you can contact him on. 91-9823168168.
I assume from that number that he is in Pune?
Old 20th June 2011, 09:28 AM   #613
diyAudio Member

Yes Navin, I shifted to pune for job. And then trying to find who sell drivers and fabricate wooden enclosures ,metal works, here in pune to keep my hobby alive. I am sharing here just in any case any one needs, ( from pune or outside pune) can be benefited.
Old 1st July 2011, 02:42 PM   #614
askii2 is offline askii2  India
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I am a newbie DIYer in Pune. I am planning to build a notch filter for sub-woofer bass management. This is my first experiment after a break of about 15 years, so amongst usual problems of having lost touch with electronics, finding suppliers is a tough problem. I'll make a separate post in this forum (parts) with detailed requirements.

Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:43 AM   #615
diyAudio Member

Welcome nice to see first Pune member here .
Old 6th July 2011, 04:57 AM   #616
diyAudio Member

Things have improved currently. I wouldn't say it is very good. U can buy parts on the net from element14 or RS components in India.

Gajanan Phadte
Old 9th July 2011, 10:11 AM   #617
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmphadte View Post
Things have improved currently. I wouldn't say it is very good. U can buy parts on the net from element14 or RS components in India.
Both these sites look good. They don't seem to stock in India, though. Some of the amplifier chips I searched were stocked either in UK, Singapore or US. Their prices are shown in rupees and include usual taxes, so we don't have to worry about import duties etc. Shipping times aren't mentioned. Will they actually import them in a reasonable time (1 week) for an order of just 1 or 2 chips?
Old 12th September 2011, 12:42 PM   #618
diyAudio Member

Greetings from Bangalore. After lots of frustration with attempts to get 1-off quality PCBs at DIY prices (for myself and my DIY customers), I finally devised my own solution. I have posted it under Vendor Bazaar titled "European Quality 1-off PCBs at DIY-Friendly Prices" today. You can also see the details on audesine.com under the Proto PCBs tab. I am taking the liberty to put this small post in this mighty useful thread for the Indian DIY community, which I have referred to on countless occasions. Questions welcome.
Cheers - Ramkumar
Old 13th September 2011, 01:17 AM   #619
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by askii2 View Post
Both these sites look good. They don't seem to stock in India, though. Some of the amplifier chips I searched were stocked either in UK, Singapore or US. Their prices are shown in rupees and include usual taxes, so we don't have to worry about import duties etc. Shipping times aren't mentioned. Will they actually import them in a reasonable time (1 week) for an order of just 1 or 2 chips?
There is a catch with element14. You need to place a minimum order. I tried ordering two TDA7293 from element14, I was redirected to kitsnspares website saying I had too small an order. Haven't tried with RS yet.

I had also checked LM3886 with shops near Pasodya Vithoba, Budhwar peth, Pune. They'll get these chips from Mumbai in 1-2 days on an order with an advance. They won't give a quote on a phone. You have to go to the shop to make an order, at which time they'll call their Mumbai supplier and confirm a retail price. I felt like LM3886 is an extremely rare diamond that sells in 1-odd quantity in an year, so the shop doesn't have a quote and won't give a quote without ascertaining that a genuine buyer is requesting a quote .

I decided to wait till my next Mumbai visit, which is this weekend. I'll go to lamington road. Will post more information after that.
Old 13th September 2011, 05:17 AM   #620
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by askii2 View Post
I tried ordering two TDA7293 from element14, I was redirected to kitsnspares website saying I had too small an order. Haven't tried with RS yet.

I had also checked LM3886 with shops near Pasodya Vithoba, Budhwar peth, Pune. They'll get these chips.
I just checked that element14's min order qty is 1 with both these chips. I recently bought the 3886 from them. They probably directed you to KitsnSpares because you do not have an "account" with element14.

Hide this!Advertise here!