[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2004, 07:28 AM   #211
Vivek is offline Vivek  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
He apparently plans to get some high end drivers a little later after gauging the demand..
Which drivers does your friend plan to import?
Old 13th March 2004, 07:46 AM   #212
gjo is offline gjo  India
diyAudio Member

Sorry-the reference wasnt to my friend but to Shiva of Corrson. My friend told me yesterday about the local guy(Shiva), whom he knew who is a new Vifa dealer...

I am in the final stages of getting my Audax HT main L-R done after along period of hibernation. Plan to mount the drivers and crossovers into the enclsoures on Monday and then sometime after that fire up my HT system. I need to locate a decent screen for my LCD projector. (This is the current project on hand)

George
Old 13th March 2004, 08:05 AM   #213
diyAudio Member

Tell us a little more about your speaker project. What is the box volume, the vas of the woofer, ported or sealed etc.
Old 13th March 2004, 08:25 AM   #214
diyAudio Member

Default Hello Bonsoir, Goede avond

Guys, I am reading and floowing your conversations.
Everything that has been suggested for me to do seems very possible.
Time framing, stuff etc... all looks good.
I will be floowing attentively and act immediately when things get concrete (things to order, mailing address etc.!)

Jean-Pierre

I have 2 questions fro you guys.
Primo) Considering you guys live realtively close to Indonesia, have you ever ordered from there? Seems to me that a lot of electronic components is extremely cheap or am I wrong?
Secundo) Does anyone of you guys use blue leds in their projects? just a question, i don't need any, I have enough of them.
Old 13th March 2004, 10:10 AM   #215
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Hello Bonsoir, Goede avond

Quote:
Originally posted by uvodee
Guys, I am reading and floowing your conversations.
Hope you are enjoying the "floowing", whatever that is...

Quote:
Primo) Considering you guys live realtively close to Indonesia, have you ever ordered from there? Seems to me that a lot of electronic components is extremely cheap or am I wrong?
My personal opinion is that as far as int'l imports go, it doesn't matter which country you import from... the geographical distance does not matter. And hence, it's a little more streamlined to import from countries like the US or UK which do business in English and you discover all sorts of contacts there.

Quote:
Secundo) Does anyone of you guys use blue leds in their projects? just a question, i don't need any, I have enough of them.
I can't answer your question, but I'd love to use blue LEDs. I've not dared, because I've read dire warnings about how static charge destroys the delicate beasts. Availability in India will also be an issue, I think, not to speak of price.
Old 13th March 2004, 11:06 AM   #216
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi, Vivek, Ajju, and George,How many knobs should I send you? I intend to send about 10, maybe 12, to Jean-Pierre through George's suitcase. How many should I add to that for your local consumption?
To take count.

2 For George
4 for ajju
? for vivek
-------------
6 in total (as of now)

ajju
Old 13th March 2004, 11:19 AM   #217
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Do you guys want to build Gainclones? Assuming you have access to all the components, we could do a very inexpensive group-order for the PCBs. I could arrange it, considering I'm on the verge of finishing my own
Its all happening and am struggling to keep pace..

Quote:
BTW, I met someone yesterday who is an audiophile and he was talking about his friend who is the Vifa agent here(Corrson sp?). He said this guys prices are lower than these in Singapore! He apparently plans to get some high end drivers a little later after gauging the demand..
I'll be meeting Shiva (corrson) tomorrow. Vivek told me that shiva indeed has a bunch of audiophile friends who plan to meet regularly at his office which is beeing setup now. And he does have plans of bringing in better drivers. if i remember correctly , i think once he told me that he has a stock of some scanspeaks. I'm not sure.. Will confirm tomorrow. He has promised to show me all the components that he stocks currently. Rt now he is busy setting up his office and plan to bring out brochure's and price lists sometime soon.
Will keep all of you posted of the developments.

Btw, do you guys think introducing him to this forum and all the local guys who are active here, is a good idea..?

ajju
Old 13th March 2004, 03:40 PM   #218
diyAudio Member

I'll buy four knobs. Just let me know what the exact price is.

Vivek
Old 13th March 2004, 04:52 PM   #219
sunil is offline sunil  India
diyAudio Member

Tarun,

Hi. I'm a friend of George in Bangalore. I'd like to buy 4 knobs.

Ajju,

Good idea to introduce Shiva to the forum. Hope his prices don't go up with the popularity.

Cheers,
sunil
Old 14th March 2004, 05:01 AM   #220
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Vivek
I'll buy four knobs.
Quote:
Originally posted by sunil
Hi. I'm a friend of George in Bangalore. I'd like to buy 4 knobs.
So the total tally for B'lore is 2+4+4+4 = 14. And ten more are needed for the padre. I hope there's a large enough inventory for all this, after the bulk order from the UK. And then there's our friend from Jamshedpur who wanted three.

Price: assume about a dollar each. It'll go up a bit after courier charges are added.

Quote:
Good idea to introduce Shiva to the forum. Hope his prices don't go up with the popularity.
Actually, I hope they do. I feel there aren't enough diy suppliers in India because they don't make enough money. Once they make money, they'll do well, thus leading to more suppliers, more choices for us, and easier sourcing of stuff. There are a second breed of suppliers, who address the pro audio market. Narain's in L.Road is one of them. They are doing very well indeed, it seems. They get orders for hundreds of high-power woofers in a single order for a single installation (large auditoria and stadium audio), and they do dozens of pubs, discos, and PlanetM audio setups. I just wish the home audio component market picks up that way too.

Hide this!Advertise here!