IC identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Would anybody identify the IC seen on the attachment, KC5324D-3D, found in a mains power remote control socket? No specs found in the net.

Attachments

• KC5324D-3D_W.jpg
    KC5324D-3D_W.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 224
It looks to me like a fuse-programmable logic chip, de/en-coding something or other. The surrounding wire jumpers and almost complete lack of analog components points that way, too, as does the socket.

In short, you are stuffed without knowing the programming. These can be reverse engineered, if you are a complete masochist.

What does the pcb do?

The close up picture looks great but it would help if you mention what make and model of equipment this IC is used.

Another picture of the whole board would also be great in figuring out what it is.

Hi,

Would anybody identify the IC seen on the attachment, KC5324D-3D, found in a mains power remote control socket? No specs found in the net.

Here are two pics: 1) The full pcb close-up, 2) The RF remote controlled ON/OFF mains switch socket. This is an old withdrawn item from the market.

Attachments

• AP301_small_IMG_1760Web.jpg
    AP301_small_IMG_1760Web.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 98
  • TELE_WEB_IMG_1637.jpg
    TELE_WEB_IMG_1637.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Digging in my junk box for parts, I found out a very old similar device which uses a pair of encoder/decoder as MC145026P/SC41343P (DIP 16), the datasheet found in the net.

So the unknown KCxxxx ICs (DIP 18) seems to be pairs in remote control applications as the found above.

Can be replaced? I don't know...

The only replacement is another unit, if not then you need the custom firmware, an MCU programmer and a blank MCU.

Before you go that route, check if both Rx and Tx MCUs are getting their supply (+5V?), then confirm if the remote is transmitting, the receiver is getting the signal and pulses to be decoded are being fed into the receiver MCU. You need at least a 1MHz scope to do this.

A bit of a warning, use an isolation transformer for the mains unit when troubleshooting!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.