Parts for Samson Rubicon Active Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bought a pair of Samson Rubicon R6a active speakers about three years ago.
Good clean sound that I like but one of the units had a slight hum. Appear to come from its transformer.
The hum got progressively worse. It was returned to Thomann.de under their 3-year warranty. Go them back after about a week and the hum was much less. But since then hum has become louder. Can hear it even when the music is playing.
Anywhere I can buy a transformer for Rubicon R6a or even a complete plate amp?!
Thanks!

I think I have a couple plate amps for that (also the resolve 65a) One is blown, but the transformer is OK. I do not know if it is 120v only or if it has dual primaries. I will be happy to check next time I am at the shop.

Not sure about shipping to the UK.

PM me if you care to go further. Hopefully you can find someone on your side of the pond.

Bought a pair of Samson Rubicon R6a active speakers about three years ago.
Good clean sound that I like but one of the units had a slight hum. Appear to come from its transformer.
The hum got progressively worse. It was returned to Thomann.de under their 3-year warranty. Go them back after about a week and the hum was much less. But since then hum has become louder. Can hear it even when the music is playing.
Anywhere I can buy a transformer for Rubicon R6a or even a complete plate amp?!
Thanks!
Ask them to replace the faulty component. There was an issue under warranty and there still is the same issue. Trading Standards will help you if you get no where.

OK, I am at the shop, the power transformer is a center tapped primary, they use either half of it or all of it to do the 120/240 switch. Schematic for power supply below for reference.

I just tested one, it appears unloaded to be a center tapped 50v winding and a single 30v winding on the secondaries.

Attachments

• Samson RESOLV_65a.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 65
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.