A place to get Heat Sinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I had seen a thread about Wayne Sankey amps from the passdiy gallery here at DIYaudio and info about were he got his heat sinks from but I can't find the thread.

Well any way Mr. Sankey was kind enough to answer my e-mail about where to got the heat sinks he used. The place M&M Metals which I called and talked to Jeff and he inform me that small orders are welcome and they have a web site at www.mmmetals.com. they have PDF of all the types of heat sinks they sell.:)

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
It was posted by me in this thread here:

New Aleph 2 posted in the PassDIY gallery

I have written back and forth with wayne a few times and he stated about the heatsinks this:

> The heatsinks are from:
>
> M & M Metals,
> 908 E. Pioneer Drive
> Irving Texas 75061
> 972-721-7174
>
> Talk to Mike Secor.
>
> What I have is 8 - 9.00" extrusions, profile # MM11645B,
> black anodized.
> You need 4 per amp, they are just under 7" wide.
> You orient the fins vertically.
>
> I paid $14.89 each for 16 (a friend is also making some
> amps and we got the parts from the same place).

It looks like a good place to get reasonably priced heatsinks.

--
Brian
gte619j@prism.gatech.edu

My point was:

1. That I made an attempt to locate the thread you posted but couldn't.
Also:
2. That the info about M&M metals having a web site was not mentioned so anyone could view what types (proflies) heatsinks that are in stocked. Which would saved someone the price of a long distance phone call.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.