Fair Radio Sales - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 03:47 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Fair Radio Sales

I,ve occasionally bought stuff from them for 30 yrs., I have found them to be honest and in most cases reasonably priced. They sell a lot of mil surplus and pulled items, chassis that yield hard to find parts, used test equipment, old tubes, in many cases you will see stuff that requires batteries that I presume no longer exist...you know...44 volt and such.

Fair Radio Sales Company Inc.
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I have been shopping there myself for decades, used to be more old WW2 and Korean war era radio stuff. But I always enjoy looking at the test gear available, and they I think honestly describe each piece as repairable/usable for one price, or pay more and it will be thoroughly checked out and known to work.

Old times, they had a lot of tube amp sorts of power and output transformers. You may still find a few, though you are more likely these days going to find something like a 12v at 30A transformer.

Costs nothing to look, I like the place.
Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I was just visiting there last night, they have a selection of audio out transformers, beefy acopian power supplies, audio grade caps, vacuum tubes, a nice selection of ct transformers...some are pricey, some are a good deal.
i know that many audio tweakers like *big copper* based supplies over switching, tho, I,m not sure why. Same for tube rectifiers over diodes...I don,t know the reasoning behind it. Seems to me B+ is B+, as long as it,s filtered and tamed, how would it affect the audio signal?
Anyway I,m glad that you found them long ago like me, and got some interesting browsing.
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #4
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

That is part of the attraction, their stock is always changing.

Hide this!Advertise here!