Where to get PCBs done in UK?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I am looking for a place to get a PCB done but I don't know where to go.

My board is 5" x 5" simple face and doesn't need to be drilled.
It should also be either "tinned" (not sure of the english term for when you have the tracks covered with a layer of tin) or even better, have a solder mask.
I am looking for a figure in the odd of £7.50 with the cost of the board included.

Can you help?

Very low volume PCB manufacturing in the UK is going to be expensive. Your target price of £7.50 is only going to happen if you order a large quantity of boards.

PCB-Pool (based in Ireland) offers very good rates and has a cost calculator on their website:
http://www.pcb-pool.com/uk_index.htm

Here's a typical price from them:
Single sided prototype board 125mm x 125mm: 38 EUR
Soldermask: 17.00 EUR
Silkscreen: 17.00 EUR
Overdelivery: 19.03 EUR (additional boards)
Test: 18.75 EUR

You can halve those prices by using Olimex in Bulgaria:
http://www.olimex.com/index.html

If your design is relativly simple then I suggest you look at makng it yourself. There's plenty of info to be found on this site if you use the search.

Nice one,
David.

Thanks you David for this useful information.

Yes, it is a simple design but I cannot afford to invest into PCB hardware as I study at 1000 miles away from home (France) and I will have to bring back all my possessions back there eventually so I need to limit those to the max. Also, I can't really picture myself making PCBs in a 12x12 bedroom. Soldering is bad enough... ;)

As I said above, it is a simple design and I am not willing to pay 40€ (best quote from pcb-pool without shipping), where I can get the job done in France for about 10€ (tinned as well). :rolleyes:

I'll keep looking for something nearer, but if not...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.