Any interest in Elna Silmic II 47uF 50v caps for UK people?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
##MODS## - please move this or delete if not felt to be appropriate.

After some discussions over on the Pink Fish Media DIY forum, I'm looking in to doing a group buy of some Elna Silmic II caps - at the moment only 47uF 50v parts. Several people have had great success with these caps in the feedback loop on Naim preamp boards (both the main gain and the phono stages).

Now the problem is that the minimum order quantity is 1000, so I need to gauge the level of interest - if I can get interest in 500 or so (I'm already at about 300), then it will be worthwhile.

The best price in the UK for these is around £1.30 - £2.00 (and this for the Silmic I rather than II), but with a bulk buy like this, the final price will be more likely to be £0.70 - £0.80 - less if more people are interested.

I'm not in this to make a profit, but I would like to cover my costs, hence the post here to see if anyone else would be interested.

One other thing - the prices I've got are from UK suppliers - perhaps with the dollar rate as it is it may be worth importing (taking into account shipping and duty/tax, of course). Any suggestions on possible suppliers?

Richard

No - still umming and ahhing about them, as I've only got interest in around 300 or so - I'll let you know if I get them though - the only thing is that there will be a bit of time for delivery, so if it's an urgent project, it may be best to fork out the big £££...

I think I will go for it, though - I'll try and make a final decision by the end of next week.

R

ah, still way off the 1000 then. Quite a big cash outlay if you haven't got homes for them.

No worries about lengthy delivery times. I'm halfway through a couple of designs, and in the unlikely event that I'm done before they arrive I don't mind fitting cheapo caps and looking forward to an upgrade.

Send me your email address to chris.m.hopkins@ntlworld.com and we'll sort something before the end of the week.

On a different topic, any recommendations for affordable decent-sounding electrolytics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.