voltage limitations of cheap breadboards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am wanting to add a selector to a preamp to make it so I can use two sets of tubes, one requiring 300V B+, currently running at about 255V. Idea was to buy a solderable project board and put a switch on each channel to use resistors.

Looking on Amazon for small breadboards. Is this too much for the boards? They don't always state voltage limitations, probably assuming someone is going to be making a blinking LED project that runs on a battery.
I see in another thread "pre-punched insulating" boards made of glass imbedded material rather than phenolic is more desirable.

Just an idea so far, while I would love to build another preamp, but I would be in the doghouse. Of course if this is not correctly executed and the house burns down I would be in a doghouse with nothing to listen to.

Joined 2011
I am wanting to add a selector to a preamp to make it so I can use two sets of tubes, one requiring 300V B+,
currently running at about 255V. Idea was to buy a solderable project board and put a switch on each channel to use resistors.

These boards will be fine at 300V, just keep them clean and free of residue.
If the board has copper traces, observe proper creepage and clearance.
Adjacent traces may be too close together for 300V across the gap.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.