Picking out parts for this schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm assuming (for no good reason) that you are running this amp on 12 volts.

The voltage rating of the caps needs to equal the supply plus a bit more for safety. What supply will this be running on ? I see you have 10 and 6.3 volt caps on your list.

JSHSa5W.png

Does this look right?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Looks basically OK.

Pin 4, the input should be as in your earlier post #1. The audio is AC coupled via the 22k. Not grounded via a 22k

Pin 1. Normal operation is with it grounded ? It probably is but worth just checking the data sheet to be sure.

Looks basically OK.

Pin 4, the input should be as in your earlier post #1. The audio is AC coupled via the 22k. Not grounded via a 22k

Pin 1. Normal operation is with it grounded ? It probably is but worth just checking the data sheet to be sure.

Oki thank you changed the Pin 4 and removed ground. Pin 1 is not something i'm going to use so i grounded it.
This is how Pin #1 looks in the data sheet.

0UUJqrv.png

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I haven't just time to look at the data sheet now. What its showing is that pin 1 responds to a voltage input. That will mean the chip will be in sleep mode when its either high or low... so you need to check and wire pin 1 to either the positive supply or ground as appropriate for it to work. Or... it may be normal to leave it floating. Look for examples in the data sheet and/or pin descriptions and what the voltage needs to be so that its not sleeping.

Edit... if your stuck I'll have a look tomorrow :)

I haven't just time to look at the data sheet now. What its showing is that pin 1 responds to a voltage input. That will mean the chip will be in sleep mode when its either high or low... so you need to check and wire pin 1 to either the positive supply or ground as appropriate for it to work. Or... it may be normal to leave it floating. Look for examples in the data sheet and/or pin descriptions and what the voltage needs to be so that its not sleeping.

Edit... if your stuck I'll have a look tomorrow :)

Okay i found this:
vgZNhlV.png

I think this is equation to calculate it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.