PRP resistors are magnetic-please advise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I used to like the PRP resistors, before they were non magnetic.
Now I read all 1/2W resistors are magnetic, magnetic.
Parts connexion say the quality remain the same, somehow hard to believe that.:confused:
Do someone had the chance to compare the older non magnetic and the fresh product.
I used to like them a lot (I preferred over the metal film Takman and Dale type)
Now I don't know what to order, even the cheap 10-15 Cent Chinese 1% resistors aren't magnetic.
I do not understand if something good and works well, people like to use them why they need to change or degrade the quality and still sell it for the same price.
At least I think magnetic materials not the best solution for resistors (audio purpus)
Greetings

The end caps are sometimes made from steel.
I suspect they form and hold their "clamping" shape better than copper.

If this is true (that they hold the clamping better) then that will lead to a better and more consistent resistor to end cap connection.

If they have changed from a copper based end cap to a steel based end cap, I would guess this has been done for improved performance/reliability rather than to save material costs.

Reputation for reliability and consistent performance is very important to reputable manufacturers. Even above a a few hundredth of a cent of added cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.