POLIDA2008 A Real Thi.ef on eBay! Fake MOSFETS!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.Days ago i asked seller that items are 100% same as picture and original genuine item.He told me that they are 100% genuine original and same as picture.After this I bought 50pcs of FQA19N20C from Polida2008 on ebay yesterday for Pass diy projects.Here is item
1pcs MOSFET Transistor Fairchild to 3P FQA19N20C 19N20C | eBay
I bought 1 USD each.I told him to send me photos of 10 of these items together.He sent me photo and it is different than the photos.And then he increased the price almost 2 times
And i told him not to send the items and cancel the transaction.And he marked items as dispatched 15 minutes later.Did not make money refund.A real thi.ef
Will never buy from him again.
Never recommended!

Attachments

• fakes.jpg
    fakes.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,743
  • look genuine.JPG
    look genuine.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,726
Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
umut,

I had a similar experience with this seller for a set of products and eBay cancelled the transaction and refunded the money. It was an extremely painful experience because he asked me to ship the products back and that took two months, and I had to use the shipping refund against more items outside eBay system.

Note that if you complain to eBay about counterfeit products they will refund your money and you might not have to ship the products back (I wish I had known this before, I would not have tried to resolve this with the seller). So I would suggest wait till they reach you and lodge a formal complaint with eBay, I would also suggest share the pictures with Fairchild and see if they have something to say.

Dealing with him again is a massive question mark - though there are some industrial items that we can get only from him. The other thing is that basically he will honour return and refund (even outside eBay), FWIW. BTW the IR parts he had sent me as part of an earlier transaction were original. I cracked one open and it was a nice large copper spreader with a nicely-sized die. However it was DOA, so I'd say is a mixed bag.

Almost all Far Eastern parts sellers are terrible, including the better ones in HK and Singapore. We have authorised dealers for IR and Fairchild here which are my preferred sources now. The FQA12P and 19N parts are no longer offered in TO3-P as far as I know, only in TO-220.

I know this is OT, but when are you going to allow us to buy less than 20 resistors of a single value from your store? :D

FWIW, I received some fake SK389/SJ109s from a seller some months ago (yes, i should know better...). I was asked to return the items for a refund but I opened an ebay case and wrote a couple of messages back and forth to the seller stating I would not return or would only return if my shipping costs were prepaid since the parts were fake and I should not have to return anything.

Obviously the seller refused this, but after exchanging a couple of messages with the seller I escalated to ebay and they refunded my money including the shipping in less than 3 hours. It might have helped that I could show a picture of my DCA55 identifying the components as BJTs and not FETs, but at least I got my money back without any additional expense and delay. It also got me black flagged by the seller so I can't buy anything else from them, but I on balance I think I'll survive that :)

/U.

PS: Note that if you do this that the decision from ebay is final. If they decide in favour of the seller (which happens because sometimes their claims handlers are bloody idiots...) then you'll have no recourse and the seller will not be obligated to refund you anything.

Hi
It happened with me to that was a other ebay company.
I purchased Hitachi VAS transistors. On the picture they posted the original Hitachi item, also asked them the picture is on your ad the actual items you will ship they wrote yes.
So I place the order and I received something total different, fake junk..
Of course does not worth to return the item since the cheapest shipping cost from Canada $44 with tracking number.
The Chinese can ship it to us the junk with tracking number for $3 we can not return it..:(
These is crazy, and getting worst almost every day by day.:mad::mad:

Last edited:
the counterfeit opa627 op amp I received, when seen by my naked eye, I can see from side view, has visible polishing mark that was erased & new part text remark on it.

From the original manufacturer datasheet schematic, the part has a set of series(2pc) resistor connected froms the pin1 & pin5(offset trim) to to pin 7(V+),
when I was measured, the resistor was not there, but funny thing is a diode were existed inside the part on difference pins.

That is the tactics the seller (Polida2008) using to me:
1) after payment & before shipped, seller requested additional $3 for register parcel
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
2) wasting your time when handling the problem via emails, like we sell are new, are genuine, maybe by mistake & bra bra.
3) by saving money($24.50) he is asking you return the part by regular mail, later he claimed that havn't received so can not refund.

Frankly I don't mind the part is old or used, but the part must be GENUINE Part.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi.Days ago i asked seller that items are 100% same as picture and original genuine item.He told me that they are 100% genuine original and same as picture.After this I bought 50pcs of FQA19N20C from Polida2008 on ebay yesterday for Pass diy projects.Here is item
I bought 1 USD each.I told him to send me photos of 10 of these items together.He sent me photo and it is different than the photos.And then he increased the price almost 2 times
And i told him not to send the items and cancel the transaction.And he marked items as dispatched 15 minutes later.Did not make money refund.A real thi.ef
Never recommended!

I had a similar case for a ESS9023 DAC at another vendor about 1 year ago. I reported it to ebay and the vendor mailed me the correct stuff about 3 weeks ago. I must say ebay were very responsive.

Complain to ebay and they will shut him down or blacklist him. ********* like that need to be taken out.

Good to know that, when ever asked Pay Pal or Ebay protection they always told me I must return the items providing a tracking number to them. Which would be from 40 to 45 Dollars surface mail. Air mail almost double from Canada..
So I took the fund loost.
Next time I will try the same method when they send me counterfeit parts.
Greetings

Never recommended!
I got the same problem with this seller. I received 4 fake OPA2132 from this seller.

Some e-bey sellers are fine .
I have very good experience with 'Jim's audio' seller.

I agree. Jim's Audio is about the only Asian seller I trust. I purchased some Toshiba K170BL/J74BL from them and they were all the "real deal".

For people that are considering buying from Polida, the unbelievably low price on their transistors, ICs, etc. should be a RED flag.

I've learned the hard way just like others here.

I also tried to buy from Polida, once very simple parts (something like 1N4748 and 2N3904 - do not remember exactly) - they were OK, next time 2SK389V - they were real fake, and I also had to escalate the opened case to dispute to get my money back - this seller every time tried to find any excuse do not refund.
I do not recommend to have any deals with this seller at all.

I also tried to buy from Polida, once very simple parts (something like 1N4748 and 2N3904 - do not remember exactly) - they were OK, next time 2SK389V - they were real fake, and I also had to escalate the opened case to dispute to get my money back - this seller every time tried to find any excuse do not refund.
I do not recommend to have any deals with this seller at all.

I agree!!:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.