Need help - sourcing "petite" electrolytic capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:

I need to replace the 4 electrolytic capacitors in the PSU of a Hafler 9300 supernova amp.

The originals are screw type 15,000uF/75V which are just 2.0" high & 2.5" diameter. Screw holes are 30mm apart. These were 86DY series probably a special order by Sprague for Hafler in the 90s.

I've checked the usual sources - Mouser, Digikey & Newark, Unfortunately, none of them have any similar replacements in that petite 2.0" height.

Anyone can help locate a source for these?

Thanks
Mayank

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 77
I'd suggest replacing the set of 4 with an array of snap-in types mounted on some perfboard. Nichicon has 4700uF/80V 25*50mm - LLS1K472MELA Nichicon | Mouser

Given all the extra caps you could even introduce some series inductors to clean up the ripple.

Thanks.

That is probably the only workable solution. I can get 16 x 3,900uF/80V capacitors and mount 4 each in parallel on a perf-board.

Rgds
Mayank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.