New woofers into Avant 904 box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all!

I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to sign up.

I need some advice on getting a new set of woofers for my Avant 904's. The woofer on one of my boxes went and unfortuantley there are no replacement woofers available for this model.

So I'm left with replacing both woofers, and would love some advice. I know the size of the drivers is 5.25" but other than that I don't have much info. I've been trying to get some specs from the net about them with no luck.

So I'm wondering where to start when it comes to sorting out some parts. And what I have to look for when matching them up with the equipment still in the speakers.

Part number (Only marking on woofer) is : MSA5W-5R0

Many thanks. I look forward to any responses.

Basttrax

Last edited:
ad says he does ship internationally just probably not for $10 :) he is offering 2 units btw
if he isn't shipping to canada despite his mentioning in ad, still probably easiest to find US person to receive and send to you
but first look what shape your units really are maybe, I don't know how many versions MS made, could just be magnetically shielded version and unshielded one, or something just visual for mkII version, I dont know, dont own MS speaker

Unfortunately wouldn't ship to Canada.

Thought a couple photos of the speaker might be of some help. Also I found one specification sheet online. It was for the 904i. Don't know if the specs would be much different between the 904 vs 904i. Here's the link.

http://www.supersonido.es/productos/documentos/Documento145.pdf

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.