$2.99 DMM over at HarborFreight

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to let everyone Harbor Freight has a pretty affordable DMM. It's 2.99, plus a $6 "Handeling and processing" fee :smash: (why don't they just call it more free money fee??)

Plus a pretty small shipping fee, but they sell so much cool stuff I bought a helping hands thing, and some nuts and bolts in a bin (the nuts and bolts cause there always handy, and the bin got converted into a resistor bin :D )

Anyways its not the best DMM by any means, nor will it replace my Fluke, but its a nice quick-and-dirty DMM when you just need to know something is going the way you expect it to.

Heres the accuracies posted in the onwners manual

DC Voltage

200mV - 200V +-0.5%
200V - 1000V +-0.8%

DC Current

0.1uA - 2A +-1%
2A - 10A +-3%

AC Voltage

100mV - 750V +-1.2% [45Hz-450Hz]

Resistance

0.01-200K +-0.8%
200K - 2000K -+1%

Anyways just spreading the word for those who don't have a DMM yet or are looking for a spare :)

***Your results may vary, void in Ohio, may not be suitable for children under 3, get your parents permission before calling****

The CD is for size comparision.

Attachments

• cheapdmm.jpg
    cheapdmm.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 126
I bought

the 30756 meter in their store in Tacoma, on sale for $2.99 battery included.....

works just fine, only thing I noticed is this thing eats batteries....

i made all king of leads for it myself with stuff from All Electronics

decent enough to get a reading!

Jean-Pierre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.