Elna R20 caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I blindly bought these thinking they were SilmicII at mouser, till I looked at the code and realised.

There is not much about them, apart from Elna website. Any of you guys tried them or know about them?:confused:

I was thinking of sticking with the orginal caps ( green muse -not the bipolar kind) or maybe FG might be better.

I blindly bought these thinking they were SilmicII at mouser, till I looked at the code and realised.

There is not much about them, apart from Elna website. Any of you guys tried them or know about them?:confused:

They are closer to Cerafine than Silmic II - Elna makes several miniaturized/regular series using the same synthetic silica-paper electrode separator used in the Cerafine ROA. These are R2O, R3O, RFO, R2A, R3A, etc. Their dimensions, electrolytes, specs, etc. may differ.

Of the lot, RFO (Purecap) measures the best after Cerafine and also sounds the most neutral, but ROA (Cerafine) is the only one that still uses non-magnetic pure copper leads, IIRC.

Thanks Willi, Yes they are not bi-polar as they have a black strip for negative. I was thinking of change the Elna Cerafine BP to ES BP, and maybe FG is better for the powercap as its near the top of Nichicon vs the lower spec Elna

Thanks Linuxguru. They are still well up the scale beneath Cerafine ROA and Slimic RFS. Not sure how they will be for Audio PSU section of the PSU. The P990 has 2 transformers one audio one digital.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.