Help me Identify these Caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I was thinking of ordering a PCM2706 + CS4344 + Dual TDA1308 USB/DAC/Headphone amp board to replace my onboard sound for my computer (Unless you can find something better for about $30US), but I would really like to replace the cheap caps with something better. Now, techically I am going to order this one with the case, but the pictures shown below should be 99% the same item.

Can you help me figure out what values these caps are from the pictures? I know it is really hard to tell, but I think the blue caps are 10uf 63V if I'm not mistaken. I can't tell what the other caps are, maybe 47uf?

I think I will replace them with some silmicII caps, unless you can recommend a cheaper alternative that will work almost as well (eg some panasonic caps)

Thank You

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Ok, I think after looking at it more closely, that the gold caps are 470uf possibly panasonic, and the blue caps look to be 10uf. I don't know what the blue cap are, but I assume that replacing them with some kind of high quality 10uf film cap would work well.

I think the blue caps seem to be output caps, so what would you recommend I replace them with?

Thanks for the reply, but I already got some elna sigma II 10uf caps from a friend for like $3 just an hour ago. It should be at least a small upgrade from the panasonic. I know this isn't the greatest dac in the world, but it should be at least slightly better than the pc2704 and a huge upgrade from my crummy onboard sound. I only paid like $24 for the board and the caps, so I don't think you can do much better for the price.

This is what arrived...

Philips and Panasonic caps.

Not the best sound ever but for $18 a massive step up from the headphone socket on my laptop.

Regards

Pete

Attachments

• Photo0044.jpg
    Photo0044.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Photo0045.jpg
    Photo0045.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 67
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.