Metamerism

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased a YAMAHA C-50 pre-amp off of ebay and it works!

The faceplate I give it 99 out of 100. It has no scratches, chips, dings or worn spots but it has metamerism compared to my other YAMAHA components.

Metamerism is a slight color difference somewhat like the bumper is one shade off from the fender. It could be oxidation? There is a white film on it. It lost its glossiness from being in the sun.

Does any one have any ideas on how to shine this faceplate back up? I wiped with Windex and you can still see the finger prints. As a auto model builder I'd buff it out but it has white lettering on it and I don't want to smudge them.

Any products out there that will return the gloss back? Any other ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts? Products? Comments welcomed?

I was thinking on going to the auto parts store and purchasing some armor paint sealant that is in spray form. Spray it on a clean towel, towel buff it and see what happens? I'd have to do all of my components possibly? (My thoughts.)

Thanks!
Ti

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.