Genuine Toshiba transistors in India

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
genuine Toshiba transistors for sale available in India.
After using 2sc5200 1943 pairs i have decided to move more rugged transistors which can deliver almost double the current of what 2sc5200 1943 can deliver
Finally I have bought 100units of 2SC5949 100 units 2SA2121 from toshiba distributor.

I do have

Nichicon Muse KZ 100uf/100V

Elna Silmic 2 100uf/35V

( 100% genuine ) since got from distributor

Im willing to sell my excess stock if anybody interested from India please let me know.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It's all very impressive looking at maximum ratings - the ones you never want to approach in use. The more important facts are in the combined V/I ratings. That's what you see on the SOA graph describing the dynamic behaviour limitations and not just limits in isolation shown by maximum, no-current figures such as Vceo.

Look at the maximum DC current allowable within the graph's boundaries at a realistic Vce for your design and you'll see how wimpy the 5200/1493 pair really are at say, 60V. 2nd breakdown line then limits current to 1.8A for 5200 but 5949 holds up better at 2.5A. Obviously, pulsed current ratings are higher but they will be proportional given the physical assembly details - die size etc. If you then de-rate for likely operating case temperature, you'll see that regardless of Vceo and Icmax, the 5200 can't even make 1A at 60Vce. Read the notes on Toshiba's datasheets but note their original 2SC5200/A1493 are now obsolete. The N suffix types are smaller package, like 2SC5198/A1941 etc.
http://www.toshiba.com/taec/components2/Datasheet_Sync/200704/DST_2SC5949-TDE_EN_21667.pdf
2SC5200 Datasheet pdf - TRANSISTOR SILICON NPN TRIPLE DIFFUSED TYPE POWER AMPLIFIER APPLICATIONS - TOSHIBA

In the real world, the choice is down to cost. One is dirt cheap and everywhere with plenty of variations and counterfeits - the other is unusual and more expensive. So maybe you just opt to use more but cheaper transistors like everyone else?

As you have already started a thread with this same general topic, why not use and keep the replies together in the one thread or you just get the same stuff back time and again from different people who don't have the time to follow you around checking what you have or haven't already been advised .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.