Affordable binding posts for metal chassis suggestions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th May 2014, 05:20 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Affordable binding posts for metal chassis suggestions

I'm looking for some binding posts that are easily insulatable from a metal chassis. Maximum price is $10 for a set of 4. And I'd rather not pay $33 for shipping to canada like parts-express wants. (Maybe if I call they could give me a break, as they have free shipping for US orders over $100, at least knock the amount it would cost to ship in the US off the total.) I'd probably order a boatload of them, especially if someone who has actually held them in their hands can vouch for them.

A couple ideas:
Mini Gold Plated Insulated 5-Way Binding Post Set 2 Red 2 Black

The Madisound Speaker Store
Old 26th May 2014, 05:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I used the cheap one's from partsconnexion.com. No cross border shipping involved. http://www.partsconnexion.com/product7483.html

jeff
Old 26th May 2014, 06:42 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I'd recommend the same ones as Jeff -- i have seen these on the backs of 5-10k commecial offerings. Decent even cheaper ones can be found as ApexJr.com.

dave
Old 26th May 2014, 06:46 PM   #4
nezbleu is offline nezbleu  Canada
diyAudio Member

Check this page: untitled

I see planet10 beat me to it.
Old 26th May 2014, 06:55 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
I'd recommend the same ones as Jeff -- i have seen these on the backs of 5-10k commecial offerings. Decent even cheaper ones can be found as ApexJr.com.

dave
Would be much easier to work with individual terminals. How do you insulate those ones from the metal chassis? Those would be great for speakers though. I have a few of that style already.
Old 26th May 2014, 07:03 PM   #6
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

They naturally insulate from the chassis, you'd have to really work at it to get them to not. The mounting plates create an insulated sandwich. They are a pain to use on speakers.

They have industry standard 3/4" spacing and are easier to work with than individual posts. If you feel they are too close together you are probably using speaker wire that is too fat.

dave
Old 26th May 2014, 07:16 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Have used these
4pcs Gold Plated Speaker Cable Terminal Binding Post | eBay
for a while, excellent product. Except... delivery time to Europe circa 5 weeks.
Old 29th May 2014, 03:13 AM   #8
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

For mr Raccoon, the Partsconnexion certainly make the most sense, and if he wants to go with wider spacing than the standard 3/4" as Dave noted, well they have zoomy blingy models as well

Last edited by chrisb; 29th May 2014 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Spelling - usually a Davish goof!
Old 29th May 2014, 04:58 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Solen

Maybe Solen? There have many different models from cheap to expensive. This is an exemple:
https://www.solen.ca/pub/index.php?c...2&s2=2&s3=&s4=
Old 29th May 2014, 05:20 AM   #10
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfrog View Post
Maybe Solen?
The one's linked are for loudspeakers.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!