Affordable binding posts for metal chassis suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for some binding posts that are easily insulatable from a metal chassis. Maximum price is $10 for a set of 4. And I'd rather not pay $33 for shipping to canada like parts-express wants. (Maybe if I call they could give me a break, as they have free shipping for US orders over $100, at least knock the amount it would cost to ship in the US off the total.) I'd probably order a boatload of them, especially if someone who has actually held them in their hands can vouch for them.

A couple ideas:
Mini Gold Plated Insulated 5-Way Binding Post Set 2 Red 2 Black

The Madisound Speaker Store

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
They naturally insulate from the chassis, you'd have to really work at it to get them to not. The mounting plates create an insulated sandwich. They are a pain to use on speakers.

They have industry standard 3/4" spacing and are easier to work with than individual posts. If you feel they are too close together you are probably using speaker wire that is too fat.

dave

Connex 53466 or 53464 should meet all your criteria - I've used both of them and numerous others over the years, and honestly can't say I could hear a difference.

connectors_bind_connex

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

As Dave noted above, along with many of the higher priced Cardas, Eichmann, Furutech, Vampire, the above 2 both use standard 3/4" spacing on their molded mounting plates, which can make the use of monster cables and spades bothersome.

Mounting Dayton BPFI-G on metal panel

Hi:

Is it a good idea to use Dayton BPFI-G for mounting on a metal panel? What is the correct way to do it? Any hints? :confused:

I am hesitant as the post has only one shoulder washer with ~2mm depth, so it looks like the panel thickness can not be larger these 2mm.

Attachments

• IMG_4122s.jpg
    IMG_4122s.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 154
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.