Fastron 18mH Inductors from Mouser

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just received a dozen Fastron "18mH" inductors from Mouser, mfg'r p/n 07MFG-183J-50. In attempting to match them, they all measured between 9.2 and 9.8 mH. To measure them, I used a Chinese-via-eBay LCR meter. The meter has proven quite accurate for capacitors; this is the first inductor I've measured. Has anyone else had problems with these inductors (or LCR meters)?
Thanks,
George

Check the stimulus amplitude - the maximum current for these inductors is rather low. From memory around 10-20mA so your meter may well be overloading the part, driving it into non-linearity.

To see if excessive stimulus is causing a problem, try measuring two inductors in series, then two in parallel. In series the inductances should add (36mH) and in parallel the combination should be half the nominal values (9mH).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.