suggestion's for part's for a loud, floorstanding speaker. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th May 2014, 08:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default suggestion's for part's for a loud, floorstanding speaker.

I recently get my hand on a pair of Cerwin Vega XLS 215, wich I power with a Crown XTI 4000. But I'm not satisfied with the sound.. Of course, the bass is great, but I mean the mid, and especially the tweeter, should be much louder. The tweeter fades out very early, and I've tried many different EQ settings and so on.

Now I want to sell them, and build my own front system. Bass is not an issue, since I'm almost finnished with my subwoofer boxes.

So I'm going to use 2 15" Cerwin Vega Stroker, and I need a pair of front's who can handle more power than the XLS215.

I'm thinkin 2 tweeter's in each box, one in the front and one in the back (like det CV DC15 series) Other then that I'm not so sure what I should pick.. I haven't decided on 2 or 3-way either, But maybe i should go for a 3-way setup with maybe 2mid's 1midbass and 2 tweeter.

I hope to find someone who has build something similar to this before, that would make my shopping alot easier. Also I hope this is enough info to get som answers, last : Sorry my poor english..
Old 9th May 2014, 10:48 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Maybe this is helpfull :

http://www.supersonic.se/dynacord/ts_400.jpg

I want to build something like the dynacord ts4000. Slim, and loud. Handles alot of power and I think it would be a great match for my taste. The problem is price, they cost 17 000,- NOK. More then I want to spend.

So I'm looking for a DIY kit, with drivers and crossover. So far I have found a few interesting DIY kit's, but most of them seems to be more SQ kind of speakers, rather than a crazy SPL tower..

Hide this!Advertise here!