Svi 3206... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2004, 12:02 AM   #1
Synapse is offline Synapse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thumbs down Svi 3206...

Do anyone here have some information on these devices? Datasheet, pinout? replacements?

I am troubleshooting an old decoder and think this integrated amplifier is not working.

thank you for your input
Old 26th March 2004, 11:40 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SVI2004A
http://www.geocities.com/technicshifi/SVI3206.jpg

i have given a sample application circuit

hope this helps

oh SVI3206's arent theese ICs CRANK...

MAKE SURE COOLING FAN WORKS

Technics skimped out on the Heatsink - its ok w/ working fan.... however dust/heat dries motor bearings out which makes motor draw more current which o/c's the drive transistor, fan stops.
IC will run SO HOT that the output devices UNSOLDER THEMSELVES and SLIDE down (into other output devices or drive components) - annoying thing being is that a perfectly good ic destroyed by shitty fan drive circuit

- Baily
Old 27th March 2004, 02:23 AM   #3
Synapse is offline Synapse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Well first of all, How did you find this application circuit?
hehe Could not find any information on those over priced
amplifiers. I admit that once I had the ned chip working... the sound was pretty good! Although I doubt that they are worth what I paid for them (130 CND$)

After all, Technics if made by Panasonic, Ic is made by panasonic... They can set their price tag when no datasheet are out there... any how! Are is the SVI3206 is rated anyway?

Did find the construction of the amplifier a bit cheap. +-15v +5v -24v regulators all on the same tiny heatsink with the monster Amplifier Ic. Taking 60 volt directly to the regulators, meaning lots of heat for such a Sink. Worst, the fan regulator was fried, has you predicted. Solution? Outside power supply with dedicated toroidal transformer. No heat, no firework Happy customer.

Well Ought to thank you again for your help. I'll keep this schema for further repairs!

Old 27th March 2004, 09:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

i have reverse engineered the IC, also the amp it was in,
made the circuit and produced some nice amplifiers

the SVI3206A is 2X 130W

-

whenever i get the opportunity to come across theese IC's i look right into them and will continue to offer as much info to ppl as i can about them - sample apps pin funct etc (sometimes internal schematics)

as panasonic wont help ppl w/ theese ICs, I will

good to see what i do is of some value
take care till next time

- Baily
Old 27th November 2004, 11:38 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default SU-V2x or SU-V4x

Hello Synapse! seeing as you are talking about a technics amplifier, and you are in Canada, I am wondering if you have ever come upon a SU-V4X or SU-V2X amplifier. If so I would really like to get one (or more!) I have almost never seen this model on sale on Ebay, the only one I saw in the last 4 years, I bought. Anyway, if anybody has one of these for sale I would be willing to buy it. Thanks.
Oh by the way are you a professional repairman? (...happy customer)?
Old 27th November 2004, 04:08 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default :)

Love yah taste!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love the V4X got 12 of em
got a few V2X amps too

> check this slice of heaven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v4x.jpg (37.5 KB, 491 views)
Old 27th November 2004, 04:26 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Save Your Amp!

I am a repair man

the V4X, i know like the back of my hand
- not cos they break down, simply because theyre my fave amp.

the biggest prob w/ V4X amps are Q501-Q504 Pre Drive / Current Stabilizer 2SA1123/2SC2631 - Replace these w/ 2SA1124/2SC2632 - the faults these transistors can cause are usually ongoing safety operation/intermittent safety operation / safety operation after a certain time/ whistling (soft) / distortion & in the WORST CASE take out IC502 - SVI2004A by both goin short and applying both +&- to their respective input pins at the same time

Save the IC - its no longer Available and what for? the sake of replacing aprrox $7USD in transistors???

*** the abovementioned transistors account for a staggering 90% of the faults in V2X/V4X Amps.

whenever i get one of these amps, i replace these 4 transistors and breathe easy

i hope this helps people save a beautiful amplifier

Regards Baily
Old 29th November 2004, 05:35 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up su-v4x

Thanks Baily!! I will do that transistor swap, as it does have that safety-light clicking thing... Another thing I get the impression that the technics models for America were black only, and the rest of the world was silver like in your picture. Am I right? If I could get a schematic, I would be so happy! Goodday
Old 13th June 2005, 06:35 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default SVI 3206 C

Is there anything I can do to fix this SVI 3206 C? Can anybody help me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dvc00009.jpg (70.6 KB, 442 views)
Old 30th December 2006, 02:41 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Current Stabilizer 2SA1123/2SC2631 - Replace these w/ 2SA1124/2SC2632

Above parts are availabe at

http://www.bdent.com

javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')

Hide this!Advertise here!