VGA to RGBHV and RGBHV to VGA back - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th December 2003, 07:40 AM   #1
diren is offline diren  Turkey
diyAudio Member

Default VGA to RGBHV and RGBHV to VGA back

Hello All,

I have a projector in my room on the ceiling and I used it to watch DVD over RCA cables. Now I want to use this projector for my computer output. The problem is I only have 6 pairs of RCA cables placed from the place I placed my computer to the projector.

What I want to know, is if it is possible to convert 15 pin VGA output of the computer to RGBHV (by just cables without electronic devices) and carry the signal with RCA cables to the projector and convert it back to 15 pin VGA (by just cables without electronic devices again) and have high resolution output.

Togive some other details,
- my projector is Panasonic LC75U
- The length of the RCA cables is approximately 9 meters (27 feet).

Thank you all in advance,

Ozan Diren
Old 24th December 2003, 01:50 PM   #2
jam is online now jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Diren.

You need to find the pinout of the VGA connector and locate the correct signals and grounds. You then build an adaptor with some low capacatance 75ohm cables.

Regards,
Jam
Old 25th December 2003, 02:48 AM   #3
azira is offline azira  United States
diyAudio Member

Um, the cable does exist that converts 15-pin DSUB to RGBHV. Should be able to find it at most computer stores. You'll need one of those plus 5 BNC-RCA adaptors which are slightly harder t ofind. From that you can run them to your projector (and convert them back to BNC). The only problem you'll probably have as mentioned is that the BNC wants 75-Ohm cables and the RCA is something lower.
Old 30th December 2003, 05:36 AM   #4
diren is offline diren  Turkey
diyAudio Member

Smile It worked

It worked, thank you all for your help.

Hide this!Advertise here!