Switch for two Tonearms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have two tonearms on my turntable; each has a MM cartridge. I'm using a tube pre-amplifier, a Counterpoint SA-5.1 and soon I'll add a tube pre pre-amplifier SA-2 to my rack. For those who are not familiar with Counterpoints, SA-2 amplifies the MC level to MM level with tubes. After it arrives I want to change one of the tonearms to MC. I already have two sets of rca for phono usage, so you get the point. I want to add a switch to my SA-5.1 which controls the two phono inputs: One directly from a MM cartridge, the other from the SA-2. Cable swapping is really tiresome and most of the time I simply ignore it for months.

What do you people suggest for this plan? Too much signal degradation? Which switches are suitable for this process?

Regards,

Firat.

Hi,

I'm searching and nearly decided on a Seiden 2-pole&6way rotary switch. I'll mount this to the closest point available to the phono input RCAs. Any negative opinion about adding a switch to the phono line?

The curse of a diy'er is always adding more to the initial plans. What about buying a 4-pole&6way rotary selector and adding the line-level inputs to this switch? In theory this plan have several benefits:

- Removing current cheapo rotary switch for the line stage,
- Removing "Line Level - Phono" toggle switch
- Shortening the line-level input cables, since this switch is much more closer to input RCAs.

Any input will greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Firat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.