Seeking panel mount AC duplex receptacle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a very nice older BrickWall surge protector/filter. It's fine except the receptacles have lost their tension. I am looking to replace them. These are the round type duplex receptacles just like you would use in your house except they don't have mounting ears (ears wouldn't fit in the chassis). There is no identification on the receptacles. Called BrickWall and they won't tell me the part number due to fear of liability issues :(
Searching though catalogs has not come up with anything. Tried modifying a Leviton box mount receptacle but removing the strap destroys the mechanical integrity. Pulled a similar receptacle from a TrippLite and it also has no markings!
I am running out of ideas, anyone have an idea as to how to find these?

Thanks

Did you try the single round outlet? You can cut off the ears. Attached it is a picture. The one I am talking about it is in the middle of the picture. You can buy it in McCoy's.

Attachments

• info-outlets.jpg
    info-outlets.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 90
Did you try the single round outlet? You can cut off the ears. Attached it is a picture. The one I am talking about it is in the middle of the picture. You can buy it in McCoy's.

Thanks. Problem is the receptacle mounts via the center screw. They don't make my model any more but this photo of another one will show what I mean.

Attachments

• products-8-plug_1024x1024.jpg
    products-8-plug_1024x1024.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 81
Hi,
Those look like the same as the gray color in the picture. The gray color has the hole same as your picture in the middle. You may cut of the ears and use the middle hole to hold it in the chassis.

To the previous post, there is around 3.4" space available internally. A standard outlet with ears measures 4.25". So yes if I can't find the "correct" replacement, the approach would be to cut the ears off of a standard outlet and then putting some epoxy on the plastic end tabs to maintain integrity.
I am still hoping to find what I need off the shelf, but if that proves impossible I could go that approach.

I literally just 3 weeks ago disassembled one of those to get the power transformer out of it. I recall not bothering with the AC outlets because they looked like off the shelf from home depot and they were center mounted as pictured.

I'm pretty sure you're $5 and a pair of snips away from solving this one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.