W054 Zener diode, what is it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While fixing an old Luxman tube pre-amp (CL-32) I noticed that the turn-on delay relay was not working (the relay was going immediately on/off with the power supply), so I checked the semiconductors on the little board and found 2 bjts and this zener faulty.

The zener was marked W054 but, finding no info about it, I guessed it could be a 5.4V zener (I discarded the 54V idea because the bjts are rated 35V).
Putting a 5.6V zener at its place made things work again, but I wonder if I used the right component.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Andrea

I have a similar situation here.While repairing a Yamaha M2 power amp I encountered a bad zener diode that has a "10" marking on it. I have also seen other Japanese zeners with "3" or "5" marking on them.And that's all. I assumed that they mean 3 volts ,5 volts and 10 volts accordingly. The 10 volts zener is termed as HZ6CIL in the service manual.I've checked many places and no body knows what that is. I replaced that with a 10 volts zener 1N4740 and seemed to be working so far.

Peter

I have a similar situation here.While repairing a Yamaha M2 power amp I encountered a bad zener diode that has a "10" marking on it. I have also seen other Japanese zeners with "3" or "5" marking on them.And that's all. I assumed that they mean 3 volts ,5 volts and 10 volts accordingly. The 10 volts zener is termed as HZ6CIL in the service manual.I've checked many places and no body knows what that is. I replaced that with a 10 volts zener 1N4740 and seemed to be working so far.

Peter

Right now Im also fixing an old Luxman CL 32 with the same issue. The Link to the datasheet doesn't work anymore. And I can't find anything myself about a zener type w054. I was wondering if the 5,6 v Andypairo put in turned out to be the correct voltage? and if that gave the 30 seconds delay as mentioned in d\the user manual

So can anyone (maybe wit better search skills) provide the datasheet or could Andypairo maybe shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.