Tiny RF connector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK - maybe not so audio related, but still...

Inside japanese ham radio gear, they often use a tiny RF connector,- a sort of pin and sleeve thingy, just over 1/8 inch dia - 1/2 " long or so....
The PCB part is really no more than a thin sleeve, with a center pin ala a miniature RCA plug......
Anybody know a name and number for this, or better -where I can find a complete set???

PS - this goes into an ICOM VHF/UHF dual bander......

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Thanks, Mooly, but I've been down that route already, with no luck.
I've been in RF all my pro life, and I think I know almost all there is of common RF connectors, but the only place I've sen those is inside ham radio gear, as a sort of RF interconnect.....
typical cheap and flimsy thingie......
- was hoping someone could help me identify this, as I'm trying to restore this unit from a previous hack job.... ( not by me :) )

ICOM used something like that. Looks cheap but works. A ring soldered to the board and the male piece is a sleeve crimped on to the coax braid and a pin on the center wire. You might look around for some ICOM service manuals. They tend to have some pretty good pictures in them. Or check on Ebay for people selling just boards or sub assemblies for your brand.
Maybe you can find something super cheap and recycle just the connectors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.