National's mistake (AN-1192)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I was reading National's AN-1192 again (like anyone here hasn't read it). Anyway, I'm confused about the voltage regulators for the input stage op-amp. They're using LM78L15s and LM79L15s which have a maximum input voltage of 23V. But the supply voltage is 42V. Soo..... wouldn't the regulators blow up?

If I'm right, then what do people use to lower the main supply to an acceptable level for op-amps (NE5532s in my case)? My rail supplies are +- 28V.

Pete

lm78l15acz

:)

i think the said regulator has a max. input of 35v and a min. of 16v with a current output of 100ma.

i have seen the literature of the 1192 but have not really scrutyinize the schem. the only thing that interested me was the interconnection of the bridge/parallel circuit. IC audio power amps is not my cup of tea.:rolleyes:

The maximum input is depending on manufacturer but AFAIK none has a maximum of 23 V input. The National version of LM7815 has a maximum input of 35 V. The 23 V specified in the datasheet is the figure used when measuring the specs listed if I'm not making a mistake.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.