1590E Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trying to build this but when I model it on Multisim, dozens of resistors are burning up. The only thing I can think of is that the step-up transformer at the output is causing it. Almost all the resistors near the transformer is burning up and a few in the middle of the circuit are too.

I have measured the resistance of the terminals of the transformer and there is very little resistance. I am pretty sure I have got the right turns ratio.

Does anyone have an idea as to why all these resistors may be burning up in my model?

As a reference:

http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet.net/proelectronics/proamplifiers/1590E-Manual.pdf

I still have 4 from the old cleveland stadium. They are monsters. Make sure you are strapping the output trans correctly. Not sure how that works in a modeling program. I have the original schematics and parts list if you want it. The only problem I have ever had with these (in real life) is the volume pot going bad and serious clipping distortion til they were replaced.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.