Photoresist Anti-etching Blue Paint

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, anybody try it for make PCB?
There is a few seller on ebay, who sell this, for example 100g Photoresist Anti-etching Blue Paint for DIY PCB dry film replacement | eBay
Code:
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/100g-Photoresist-Anti-etching-Blue-Paint-for-DIY-PCB-dry-film-replacement-/190741561459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c69154073

What is better, this or photoresist film?

EDIT:

Please use link in the code window.

Last edited:
Ah ok, couldn't get the link to work.

Now used the link in the code window. Spray on resist is bad enough, but this looks even worse. Fair enough the poster got a result, but I wonder how intricate his PCB was.

This resist isn't as bad as looks, here is PCB with SSOP28 package (it was made with one layer printed on transparent foil on inkjet).

Using airbrush gives better results, this PCB isn't the best which I have etched, because this one wasn't painted precisely, scratches degrades PCB quality.

Attachments

• SA400990.JPG
    SA400990.JPG
    969.4 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Thank you for the results you've shared, elektryk.

I have bought this thing from eBay, too. I will try it when I buy a brush from the store.

Did you make any other trials with this paint? For example, did you try painting it precisely? Or did you try using laser printer for printing to the transparent foil?

Yes, I have been testing laser printer and transparent foil but result was much worse.

With precisely painting is possible to achieve 0.3mm routes then the perfect print and a good developer (sodium metasilicate) is required.
You can try laser printer but not every printer and foil will give good results.

Nitro diluent is diluent for nitrocellulose paint.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.