Where to find those solder tag strips?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a question that was in my head for some long time.
If you look into this page (more or less in the middle), you can see the use of a solder tag strip for a crossover: CA18RNX
I can buy such a strip, but apart the obscene price for this simple item, I don't find it very useful because it is not easy to connect more that 2 wires together (look again at photo of the finished crossover).
I was thinking that something like this quick drawing could be more useful:
attachment.php

Basically the base is non conductive, all the tags are connected together, but it is easy to remove one or more, so you'll have some series of tags connected: if you need for example to connect 3 wires together, and then also 4 other wires together, just use the first 3 tags, then remove the 4th, and use tag number 5 to 8 for the other connection.
Do such a strip exist? It could be very helpful for building a crossover.

Ralf

Attachments

• strip-tag.png
    strip-tag.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 712
Last edited:
The advantage of the Cinch design is that they will hold off 450 V on adjacent terminals. Like a radial lead capacitor +, then two grounds together, then a plus of another capacitor, etc. I use the cinch design to replace $40 each 4 gang can caps with 4 each $3 radial lead caps, rated at up to 10000 hours service life instead of no life rating on the can caps.
Tubesandmore.com triodeelectronics.com and electronicsurplus.com have the cinch design, too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.