2SK1530+2SJ201

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
> Does anyone have any experience with this vendors mosfets?

They don't even define what is meant by matched.

At what temperature ?
Single point or curve traced ?
Over what current range ?
To what tolerance ?
NNPP match or just NN-PP match ?

As already extensively published, all the above have a significant factor on matching and especially on matching yield.

> ..unless you are able to find two more pairs of those type 1 transistors, of course.

I don't think anyone else can / will provide those for you (tight NNPP match under working conditions).
You might, at best, get single point match at room temperature.

Just my 2 cents,
Patrick

I was not trying to be funny - just to help:)

If you need Vgs matched N and P devices you might also check what member Blues or Zhoufang have left.

Not really the same thing, but certainly genuine devices.

Just trying to be funny myself! :)

I know the matching might not be optimal, but I´m out to buy regular devices for my f5 first of all. NicMac brough up the matching. ;)

I´ll send blues a pm.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The F5 uses a single pair of N & P, these do not need to be matched N to P.

A stereo set requires two pair, these do not need to be matched, neither N to P, nor N to N or P to P.
Is that really so? No effect on distortion whatsoever?
Certainly, a channel mismatch may/will lead to channel imbalance. No?
Of course this might be corrected by moving one speaker 5 cm:D

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
please, lets not confuse the poor man more than 'need be'
for a standard F5 only the input jfets 'needs' to be well matched
but wont hurt to use matched outputs as well

if any channel 'imbalance', most likely it will be much more affected by any other source in your setup

that said, Im buying a few off NicMac's sets :D ...could be last chance to get any good ones

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
btw, some time ago i asked Spencer if he could match some J74 to the matched K170 quads I got from him at some time before that

very accurate specs were written on them

his reply...he said he could, but that it would most likely change a bit since they would be matched at different time of the year, and at different 'conditions'

so...not simple at all....but I got them anyway :D

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Nope. I don't think so. Actually the opposite, if my memory does not fail.
I think EUVL recently showed in this forum the consequences of a MOSFET N-P Vgs offset in a F5 versus F5X. Much worse in the F5.......

not everyone have their own professional lab to verify the quality of their F5 amps

if you really want to go that far as you suggest, I think you will need a professionnal lab/workshop to verfy that every amp actually works that well

and to really get there, my guess is you will have to build many amps(modules), and match them all in function

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.