COAX " cables antenna"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kind DF 86,
majbe I DON'T UNDERSTAND nada ABOUT COAX AND ELECTRONICS IN GENERAL, ( i am a speker designer only) BUT THE LISTEN TESTS WE HAVE MADE WITH A LOT OF DIGITAL CABLES, WITH A METHA GBY GOLDMUND TRANSPORT AND A Threshold dac1e, have revealed one thingh: digital solid core cables sound better!!
And the "outrsageous" geometry we have applied is OK, IMHO.
This occours to all listeners ,wich have partecipated to blind test.

My unique disappoint is that the best solid core cables we have maked , is not 75 ohms but ( i suspect ) 37,5 OHMS :h_ache:
thIS HAS DESTROIIED mit, vdh, kimber, tara, WIRERWORLD, MONSTER,audiooquest , illuminati,etc.WE have spent a lot of time to listen to all thjis cable but the result was easy udible and no contrastated from anyone. :)

FOR THIS REASON , I AM SEARCHING TO MAKE, THE EXACT SAME GEOMETRY , BUT WITH CORRECT 75 OHMS OF CARACHTERISTIC IMPEDANCE .
all here.No mystery.

thanks,
Paolo

You may need to send your keyboard for repair. The caps lock key keeps getting stuck.

If I understand you correctly, you have found that you can get 'better' sound by using a digital cable made from two 75ohm coax cables wired in parallel. If so, your listeners obviously prefer more jitter - for that will be the result. Two cables in parallel will give a small increase in jitter, even if the total impedance is correct. The wrong impedance (which you apparently have) will give a large increase in jitter. Whether the inner is solid or not makes not one iota of difference except to the mechanical flexibility of the cable.

Once again, it seems that some people prefer their music accompanied by distortion.

I was shuire of this skepticalism.
But if I hjave said that different people ,in blind tests, with ultrsa high end system , have preferred ,a lot, my cable VS famous and expansive digitals "correct" , the story must be make you some reflections......

The rest of the system employed:
room 5 x 8 meters, well treated.
Pass x1- Pass X-250.
Speakers Ascendo Audio , flagship model .

for mee is sufficent to insist in my idea to DIY a cable as I like more.;)

Cheers,

Yes, we reflect on the idea that no idea in audio is too daft for someone somewhere to believe it. While some people worry about minor impedance problems at the plugs/sockets and use silver coax, you go to the opposite extreme and use completely the wrong cable!

As I said, further evidence that some people prefer distortion with their music.

As the issue here is truth vs error I don't accept the label of 'sceptic'. I am not sceptical; I know you are mistaken!

I spend all day (and nearly every day) designing PCBs and the interconnects between various PCBs in a system to carry digital, analogue, RF and power signals... you are wrong, I have provided an easy to follow guide to how a signal travels from a to b read it and look at digital signal integrity.
It is delusional to think this is improving anything, it is as bad as suggesting that the screen of an SPDIF cable (co-ax so screen is carrying the return) be pig tailed and fastened to a star earth point on the system PSU...
I don't need blind tests, it Maxwell, Heaviside and Physics that my belief is based on.

Oh and quite often expensive audiophile digital cables are either basic cables surrounded by BS or just plain BS, like the claim I recently saw that silver cables improve the digital signal.....

Dear scientistics - mans, <i have no doubt that 37.5 ohms is wrong and introduce sure jitter.
Forthisreason I'm searching to improvemhy special cable and go to real 75 ohms.:cool:

The only possibility i see is take the belden 150 ohms and remov the internal core ,even if difficult , but iMHO no impossible. Motivation is the key.
Then I'll think to insert , with patience a solid core wire 0.001" less thick!!

Am I a total:wchair: disaster- irrecuperable?

If the normal RG58 sound poor , imho and the best digital cable make bad sound, i do not see anhy other way to go!!:D

cheersanmd thanks for patience!

Paolo

inertial said:
go to real 75 ohms
That is easy - use some 75 ohm coax! You could just use one cable of the twin 75 ohm you prefer. You could even invent a story about why having the other unused coax running alongside it 'improves' the sound. If you make the made-up story so good that you begin to believe it yourself then that makes it easier for others to believe it too.

remov the internal core ,even if difficult , but iMHO no impossible
As I said, removing a core is possible but difficult. Inserting a new core of the right size is impossible, and inserting a new core of the wrong size is pointless. You really ought to learn a bit more about the technology you are using.

The old high-speed tape recorder duplicators had a co-ax from the tape head to the pre-amp. Because of the very high speed the head needed a very low capacitance load. The co-ax was very large, probably more than 1 cm. in diameter but the center conductor was a very small frail solid wire, that could be removed from the cable.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
This is all a bit of imagination isn't it?. How do you imagine then, what difference this cable arrangement will make to digital data integrity, if any. Let's not forget the cold reality of digital checksums and the existence of data error counters that can demonstrate whether data streams are good or bad.

This is not an analog signal and there is no room in the digital realm for touchy-feely notions of music sound quality, but if you tell someone the music is coming to them through an expensive cable they will start to believe how much better it sounds. There's big $$$$ in that little piece of psychological trickery, no? ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.