COAX " cables antenna"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry,
I am not an expert , so i thinked was possible a lot of value of carachteristic impedances...:p

so only 50, 75 and 93 ohms and this ( take from wikipedia):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biaxial cable, biax or Twin-Lead is a figure-8 configuration of two 50 Ω coaxial cables, externally resembling that of lamp cord, or speaker wire. Biax is used in some proprietary computer networks. Others may be familiar with 75Ω biax which at one time was popular on many cable TV services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Majbe the only possibility i has had (in the past only )was the /VAN DEN HUL S-VHS 2/75 that , unfortunately , is not more in production.:(

I'll searh to contact V.D.H., to see if some distributors/ shop/ has some of this precious cables, for me.:D

THIS SEEMS OK!!! :)

http://www.canford.co.uk/ProductResources/ig/3265.pdf

You aught to look around, again what are you using the cable for...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Marce, seems to my inexpert eyes they claim o,37 1 bare copper....is this a solid core copper of o,37 mm diameter?:eek:

IF I am right, YOU have make me a very big donation......
do you need a - GRATIS - project for a cheap but very high quality compact speakers high end of elsewhere type?

I can design it ,for your specific amps and room, in a few days!!:trapper:
what do you like more? Wilson, Magico,Thiel, Jim LAB, Sonus Faber,TAD, etc,?
NO problem to combact with theyr flagship models...been there, done that!!:vampire2:

Please, correct me if I am wrong, this cabnle seems the populart version of the Van den Hul S-VHS 2/75 !!!! WOW!!!
In this case I'll contact they tomorrow for purchase it readyand make my audiophile- "experiments " !!:)

by,

Paolo ,

CEO PHASELESS , HIGH END, LOW COST (also in kit) on sopecific of the client, SPEAKERS, handcrafted in Italy .
( SOON , a little company 'll start production of a very competitive , low buks, 2 ways speaker with my NAME and his new BRSAND, in CANADA, but built in CHINA) :cool:

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I think this the kind of brilliant deductive thinking that propelled some other original forum guys to great heights of imagined technical excellence..... or perhaps, from the OP, this is actually just another "angle" for making a few bucks from audiophools?

YOU arte right, DF86, i'm confuse myself. the vdh , in the configuration i use will' give me 37.5 ohms...so i need exacly 150 ohms wich only the Belden has, but not solid core..:(

and if i REMOVE the multifilar core and put into a solid core , does the caratheristic impedance changes?:confused:

thanks,
Paolo

So you want to put them in parallel, not series. Why? Do you like the sound of jitter?

Removing the core of a coax is difficult without destroying the cable. Inserting the same size core again is virtually impossible. Inserting a much thinner core can be done but then the cable will have a higher characteristic impedance. I assume you don't know much about coax cables? What have you got against solid cores?

You still haven't told us what you want to do. Whatever it is, I suspect it won't work too well! This thread seems to be meandering round in circles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.